Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 new Moonlight Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Car

Originally Posted by spinfunky
Similar color choice to what I got. Moonlight blue on steel gray. I only had it for less then a month (Since Jan 12) and love it as well. Did not notice the seats getting dirty yet but expect them too. Enjoy

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840553

Just saw the pics of your gleaming Q5 in Moonlight Blue - Beautiful Color. On the cleaning of leather aspect, I suppose that is just to be expected with lighter leather colors. I also found on black to show lots of lint/etc, so that also needs to be maintained, though I guess not to same degree as cream/grey.

Anyway congrats on a nice car. I look forward to getting one soon!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrwilson1970
Just saw the pics of your gleaming Q5 in Moonlight Blue - Beautiful Color. On the cleaning of leather aspect, I suppose that is just to be expected with lighter leather colors. I also found on black to show lots of lint/etc, so that also needs to be maintained, though I guess not to same degree as cream/grey.

Anyway congrats on a nice car. I look forward to getting one soon!
Something for something, there is always a trade off.

Good Luck you will love it.

The first thing that most people ask me is how is the 2.0T engine but its awesome. Responds well and the pep is there when you need it.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Something for something, there is always a trade off.

Good Luck you will love it.

The first thing that most people ask me is how is the 2.0T engine but its awesome. Responds well and the pep is there when you need it.
Thanks! You mentioned people ask you about the 2.0T? Do they ask that in relation to the 3.0? I have heard the 2.0T is also quite peppy and pretty fuel efficient.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! You mentioned people ask you about the 2.0T? Do they ask that in relation to the 3.0? I have heard the 2.0T is also quite peppy and pretty fuel efficient.
Not so much in relation to 3.0 but most of my family members and friends were initially surprised that it even comes in a 4 cyl.
Initial reaction was always "oh its not a 6cyl", but until they were drove in it, they were all surprised.

There were multiple factors in getting 2.0T vs 3.0, fuel efficiency, price factor, and primary that I thought the car handled smooth and performed with plenty power and required. My wife and I are expecting a baby early March so I wasn't necessarily looking for a rocket, I have that in my G37 Coupe.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have exactly the same color!

As for the beige leather, while it may sometimes get annoying trying to keep the leather clean. All leather gets dirty, it just looks worse in beige because of the color.

However, I chose beige because it brightens up the whole car. I just feel better when inside just feels bright.

In the end, just choose the color you want and don't worry about maintenance.
Trust me, it just makes you feel better to have the color you want.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not so much in relation to 3.0 but most of my family members and friends were initially surprised that it even comes in a 4 cyl.
Initial reaction was always "oh its not a 6cyl", but until they were drove in it, they were all surprised.

There were multiple factors in getting 2.0T vs 3.0, fuel efficiency, price factor, and primary that I thought the car handled smooth and performed with plenty power and required. My wife and I are expecting a baby early March so I wasn't necessarily looking for a rocket, I have that in my G37 Coupe.
Hey, I watched a long vid yesterday about F1 history, and all these autos used some form of V6. Along came BMW and they built a inline 4 turbo, and blew the field away. The ECU was the size of a computer tower full of transistors, but it got the job done.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
Hey, I watched a long vid yesterday about F1 history, and all these autos used some form of V6. Along came BMW and they built a inline 4 turbo, and blew the field away. The ECU was the size of a computer tower full of transistors, but it got the job done.
BMW and AUDI are definitely pushing the envelope in getting both power and fuel efficiency out of their 4 cyl engines. I am equally surprised that BMW is able to do that with the 5 series. Its a large car.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Advanced Key , B&O

Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone had experience with the keyless entry and B&O in the Audi Q5 - worth the price? I am trying to think if I should add this to the Q5 I just ordered. Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Ipod Plug for Audi Q5

Hi All - just wondering about the Ipod connector for the Q5 - I saw it is in the glove compartment? Any way to move this to a more logical location? Any thoughts on its use? I thought it was a bit strange it was not in the center console nearer the drive. My Audi Q5 is on order but wanted to get some opinions. Love the car overall, was test driving it again today!
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone had experience with the keyless entry and B&O in the Audi Q5 - worth the price? I am trying to think if I should add this to the Q5 I just ordered. Thanks for any advice.
Keyless entry was a must have for me, so yes it was worth it. B&O wasn't a must have, but it happened to be on the Q5 we bought and we are enjoying it.

I feel options like this are personal choices and each buyer has to determine if they are worth it to them.

Quick Reply: 2013 Q5 new Moonlight Blue