Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 pricing

After placing an order with a local dealer for invoice + 1200, i got a deal from another dealer(out of state) for invoice. Is it worth the extra hassle to save 1200?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

How far out of state?

Are you picking it up there or having it shipped to your local dealer?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tigers7
After placing an order with a local dealer for invoice + 1200, i got a deal from another dealer(out of state) for invoice. Is it worth the extra hassle to save 1200?
I faced a similar situation last week. Last Saturday I was free so my wife and I decided to drive 4.5 hrs each way to pick up the Q5. We had asked the original dealer to come down in price, but they offered a small amount. It was more about principle for us. We also had a good time driving the new car back. This definitely cut down on the break in period for the engine. Even with out travel costs, we still saved a substantial amount verses the original dealer.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mrrun2fast
I faced a similar situation last week. Last Saturday I was free so my wife and I decided to drive 4.5 hrs each way to pick up the Q5. We had asked the original dealer to come down in price, but they offered a small amount. It was more about principle for us. We also had a good time driving the new car back. This definitely cut down on the break in period for the engine. Even with out travel costs, we still saved a substantial amount verses the original dealer.
I was in Florida last year, and picked up my first Audi (an A5 2011 Cabrio), it was over $5K cheaper than I could get in Michigan, so I drove it home, even though I was on vacation and had no intention of getting a new car, but couldn't pass it up.
Just got a 2012 Q5 a month ago, for a great price here in Detroit this time!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it may depend on whether or not you plan to have your vehicle serviced at the local dealer and how you view the quality of service at your local dealer...and what kind of relationship you want with your local dealer.

In practice all Audi dealers will service Audi's bought anywhere. My suggestion is if you want to do business locally, talk to the sales person and be honest about your wishes and the deal you have out of state. If the sales person cannot make a better offer, ask to speak with the sales manager or the dealership owner. The dealership owner should be interested in being competitive and providing you with service on the vehicle.

Without asking you don't know.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you've already placed the order are you not obligated to go through with the order? Or would you lose your deposit if you decided to go through another dealer.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The new dealer is only 4hrs from my place....n the car which i placed at my local dealer will be here by end of this month
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

The new dealer is only 4hrs from my place....n the car which i placed at my local dealer will be here by end of this month
As a previous poster had mentioned, I'd approach your current dealer with the new offer and see what they can do for you. I think my dealer's indifference to the new offer contributed to going out of area for the Q5. I was shocked that my salesperson was mad at me. Did they really expect me to overpay by $1,400?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am not sure about the animosity they will show on me in future, my local dealer is the only dealer within 60 miles of my house. I already paid a deposit of 500, i think i will be losing it.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am not sure about the animosity they will show on me in future, my local dealer is the only dealer within 60 miles of my house. I already paid a deposit of 500, i think i will be losing it.
So when you placed the order did the contract say refundable or non-refundable deposit? Its pretty much that simple, at least with respect to the deposit.

Quick Reply: 2013 pricing