Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Audi Q5 Availability

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Audi Music Stream is a MMI 3G+ (week 45/2011 and newer) feature for RoW (not for North America at this time). In RoW the MMI 3G+ also supports streaming from UNPN devices that are connected to the car's wifi network.
Can the music stream functionality be activated by a Vag com if you have the UK app?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gheffty93
The thing is that we do want a2dp streaming. And if it's possible we would like cooked seats, heated steering wheel and rear seats, and blind spot monitoring. The annoying part of this is that the Lincoln has all of these features but we like the way the Audi drives much better. I hate compromises like this, which is why we were considering waiting for a 2013 model. Not that all this stuff is deal breakig, but I feel it should at least offer these features.
The Q5 does come with blind spot monitoring option, but no heated steering wheel and rear seats.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
The Q5 does come with blind spot monitoring option, but no heated steering wheel and rear seats.
Technically it comes with ventilated seats and blind spot monitoring, but those features are reserved for the prestige model and the bigger engine. Which we don't want.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Blind spot mirror option for 2.0T. $2 at Wal-Mart.

If you don't like that, you can try this. I have my mirrors set up this way and it works great.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Technically it comes with ventilated seats and blind spot monitoring, but those features are reserved for the prestige model and the bigger engine. Which we don't want.
Yep, I have those options on mine and love them
Old 04-29-2012, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The diesel isn't coming until next year, and because the gas engines get such good MPG we can't justify going diesel.
The press release says the diesel will get 36.75mpg combined vs 30.95mpg for the 2.0T (manual).

That's a 20% increase in fuel economy for diesel which is currently 2.5% more expensive than premium where I live.

I think I'll wait.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DJRobNM
The press release says the diesel will get 36.75mpg combined vs 30.95mpg for the 2.0T (manual).

That's a 20% increase in fuel economy for diesel which is currently 2.5% more expensive than premium where I live.

I think I'll wait.
Those are European numbers, they will be much lower when te EPA rates them in the US. Sorry to burst your bubble, I thought that when I initially saw those numbers. Disappointing for sure
Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are European numbers, they will be much lower when te EPA rates them in the US. Sorry to burst your bubble, I thought that when I initially saw those numbers. Disappointing for sure
That's true. But assuming the '13 2.0T will get the highway efficiency bump to roughly 28 mpg, that would put the diesel highway number somewhere around 33. No doubt that will be shy of the GLK's 2.1 liter diesel, but the performance will be in a completely different league. Plus here in the midwest, there are places where diesel is currently less expensive than regular unleaded. The question is, what kind of premium will Audi charge for the TDI?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok here is another quick scenario. What if we got a 2012 model now and traded it in for a 2013 model when they come out? Not sure exactly how it would work exactly, but we'd only have the 2012 for a few months technically before the 2013s come out. Do you think our dealer would do that? Of course I will pose that question when we go this weekend.
So what did the dealer say when you proposed this?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Heresy64

Blind spot mirror option for 2.0T. $2 at Wal-Mart.

If you don't like that, you can try this. I have my mirrors set up this way and it works great.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots
I second this on both counts. The convex mirror is a really useful add (I need to pick one up for my Q). The Q mirror is plenty big enough to accomodate. And I've adjusted my mirrors this way since I read that original C&D article and it works. Again, the Q mirrors are large enough that I find it has very good rear visibility. I still do shoulder checks, because if you're busy checking mirrors you can still miss someone right beside you.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi Q5 Availability