Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2.0 with Chestnut Brown no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 with Chestnut Brown no longer available?

I ordered a new 2.0 Premium Plus in Monsoon Gray and Chestnut brown leather back in the beginning of December. I have since noticed that you can no longer build this combo on the website. Does this mean that it is no longer an option? I have not heard anything back about my order so I assume all is well. Anybody heard anything about this?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2841091

This happened just last week. I noticed it for the Hybrid since that was what I was interested in. I didn't know for sure if it had been available on the 2.0 previously. My online chat with AudiUSA confirmed it was intentional and not a website bug.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

My 2.0T just got built 2 weeks ago with chestnut sport interior. I don't know if you can order now, but I did then. I'll see it in the flesh in 2 more weeks.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's great. I don't know what they are thinking. The Q5 exterior colors are already on the boring side. Removing Chestnut only makes the interior choices more boring. The non luxury cars are basically black these days. Some of the higher priced ones allow tan like the MDX/RDX. That leaves Grey which is very impractical and probably the most frequent interior color in low end cars next to black.

The interior is where you spend the most time. This was, interestingly, the subject of a J.D. Powers survey... how interior has become more important than reliability so this is a step backward for AudiUSA.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...346/1148/rss25

Anyone who wants to voice their feedback can do so easily via the Chat at AudiUSA.

Last edited by ErnestHouse; 01-25-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thrilled i got my chestnut brown before they discontinued. Its one of my favorite things about the car.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yep

Originally Posted by ssteigss
Thrilled i got my chestnut brown before they discontinued. Its one of my favorite things about the car.
Only helps the resale value down the road too due to limited availability!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One has to take the Audi website with a grain of salt. To this day, I still cannot build the exact car that I have on order, an order for which I have a commission number. The Audi customer service people are extremely nice, but my experience has told me they are not always able to present the correct information. The ultimate answer would be one's dealership, and their ability to get the order accepted into the IS Order Bank waiting for an allocation to enter the Factory Order Bank. When I ordered my Q5 last year, the same thing happened with the Audi USA website, it kept telling me car was not buildable, yet it came and I drove it off the lot all the same.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
One has to take the Audi website with a grain of salt. To this day, I still cannot build the exact car that I have on order, an order for which I have a commission number. The Audi customer service people are extremely nice, but my experience has told me they are not always able to present the correct information. The ultimate answer would be one's dealership, and their ability to get the order accepted into the IS Order Bank waiting for an allocation to enter the Factory Order Bank. When I ordered my Q5 last year, the same thing happened with the Audi USA website, it kept telling me car was not buildable, yet it came and I drove it off the lot all the same.
I too have a 2.0T on order with a chesnut interior and the sport package. I ordered just before Christmas and there were no issues with ordering at the dealership. Delivery is said to be late March or early April.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
One has to take the Audi website with a grain of salt. ....
It's one thing for it to not support every little thing. It's quite another thing that it used to let you build Chestnut on any Q5 but now that color has been intentionally removed for 2.0T and Hybrid models. Why remove it and why tell people you can't get it anymore if it is still available?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse
It's one thing for it to not support every little thing. It's quite another thing that it used to let you build Chestnut on any Q5 but now that color has been intentionally removed for 2.0T and Hybrid models. Why remove it and why tell people you can't get it anymore if it is still available?
My point was that they update the website and configurator all the time, and it is still not accurate! Not even close in some regards. Have you checked with a dealership and the actual order system? Audi customer service is notorious for handing out wrong information. Unless you are lonely and want someone "nice" to talk to, they are next to useless. Just read all the posts on here of others contacting Audi Customer Service and find more than a handful where they provided the correct information and were actually helpful.

Quick Reply: 2.0 with Chestnut Brown no longer available?