Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Front/Rear bumper/Steering wheel/Shifter (available)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front/Rear bumper/Steering wheel/Shifter (available)

I just got all the final pieces ordered to upgrade my 2011 2.0T to a full S-Line model (thanks Audi for not offering it on the 2.0T)!

Anyway, I will be on here in the coming month or 2 with before and after photos of the mods, as I will finally have it put together the way I want it to be.

Mods so far have been:

*Aluminum racing S-line pedals (not OEM), but they look so good I had to get them.
*OEM Q5 premium floor mats with silver edging
*Europlate for front of vehicle with German markings and Audi region stickers.

I will be installing a new partial-perf air leather (OEM) STonic shifter and double-silver stitched DSG leather boot (OEM). I'm going to attempt to document with photos and possibly a video if I can, but def photos, as this seems to be a hard to find concept to come by.

Have on order (thanks to Alex at Europrice for all his help/ anyone needing anything should definitely let him know):

*a new OEM flat-bottom partial-perf air leather S-Line steering wheel upgrade with Silver stitching/round Audi sport airbag.
*complete new OEM front S-Line bumper (keeping the grill black with less "bling")
*complete new OEM rear S-Line bumper with valence for my dual exhausts with tips.
*OEM S-Line fender badges

Once the items arrive and I get them painted & installed, I'll have some of the original items on the car for sale at used prices (car was purchased on June 2011). Items will be listed below that will be available if anyone needs something (due to accident, etc.) Just let me know. Again, items will be available only once I get my items in (shipping from Audi in Germany) and installed.

All items coming off of 2011 Q5 (Non-S-line) standard model. Any item areas that are painted are in IBIS WHITE. I'll ship the bumpers in the boxes that my new ones arrive in. Prices haven't been determined yet, I honestly haven't looked at them (I'm sure we'll come to a good deal on the 9 month old used parts), and buyer will pay the shipping.

*FRONT BUMPER, WITH parking sensors, Incl. Fog lamp grills WITHOUT adaptive cruise radar. Grill/Plate or Plate delete are NOT included. Reflectors, etc. will more than likely not be included depending on what comes with my new bumper kit from Audi.

*REAR BUMPER, standard, WITH PARKING SENSORS. Reflectors, etc. will more than likely not be included depending on what comes with my new bumper kit from Audi.

*4-Spoke standard leather (smooth) multi-function steering wheel, black single-stitching (excellent condition) (NO PADDLES)

*Standard airbag (large square version on the Q5's). Small blemishes in the plastic and chrome. In perfect working condition. Has never been deployed (knocking on wood)
THIS ITEM WILL BE DEEPLY DISCOUNTED

*Shifter/Black leather (smooth). Standard. Excellent condition.

*Black leather DSG boot (black stitching).
==========================================

Just putting this out there early, so if anyone is looking, they have time to organize it. I'll offer on here first for the Audi enthusiasts, then if need be I'll list items on eBay at a later date. I'll bump the thread once I get the items in and am getting them installed.

And as always, there will be lots of before & after pics once it's all completed and detailed.

Last edited by ThunderDent; 03-14-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to the pics

Especially interested in your steering wheel mod... Good luck!