Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 264797

Default SQ5 TDI Finally 147 days later -My opinion-

After waiting 147 days since I placed my order my SQ5 TDI finally arrived.
Thought I would share my thoughts.

During the proccess of new car shopping it took me 3 test drives between a few other cars to be convinced it was the right choice comparing it too (I know not direct competitors) X6 3.0 Turbo diesel, X6 4.0 Twin turbo diesel, 335i DCT Coupe, Tourag V8 TDI, Mercedes ML 350, demo cayenne diesel, drove them all.

Any wayyyy I have already clocked up 570 km in 2 days and nights, I just can't get enough off driving it. It is everything I hoped for plus so much more and even better then I remembered.
I would go on this site everyday and try and see everyones opinions on what they thought.

A few questions I would always wonder, is it quick enough? is it too firm? is it loud enough??
Now I can give you all my opinion on what I think.

a) quick enough- for everyday to day driving absolutely, the torque of this thing makes overtaking so easy, it is truly a delicious car to drive. Im not going up the mountains and putting it on the limit in corners or making passengers wet their pants from brutal GTR acceleration but it certainly has enough pick up to run pretty much most cars at the lights and very deceptively easy to speed over the limit in.

b) Hows the ride? - I have the optional 21" wheels which I will say don't even bother with the 20's the 21's are to die for, just a gorgeous rim. Every now and then I would read people complain about the ride, probably because they compare it to a regular Q5. After driving it on my own familiar roads I will say to those people "go drive a C63 or an M3 and then tell me it's to firm," the ride is stiff no denying but its not back breaking like a few people made out, honestly I could easily cope with a more stiff setup.

The exhaust- ahhh the question we all ask about the artificial sound produced from the actuators, honestly it sounds F$#*ing awesome! it's plenty loud enough unfortunately the videos we see on you tube don't do it any justice as it is a fairly deep sounds rather the a hight pitch screaming N/A motor. I was considering the upgrade sound module but now after driving it and hearing some drive by's no way, it's just right.

Please I'm not here to argue with the people that bitch and wine, for me the SQ5 is a daily car with some good performance, I clock up the miles and having diesel reliability longevity in a performance car is a bonus. I specked the car with - ibis white, 21", carbon inlays, panoramic glass roof, heated seats, B&O audio.

Again just my opinion on the car, Im sure the cars I drove before would suit other people better in some cases but for anyone that's a bit stuck I hope it helps because I would of loved a genuine owner review if I was still deciding
serkalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 270283

Congrats and please post some pics.
Carbon Atlas inlay, 21" 5-double-spoke star design wheels
Mods: Xpel Clear Bra, Tint, Supercharged Badges, Audi Hitch, H11 Fogs in White, Full LED interior, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Paint Coating
Dustin Fennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 256683

Well said. Even though I love my SQ5 TFSI, I wish we could get the TDI in the US. Where are you? Steve
Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Cheers mate, From Australia. The TFSI engine is still a fantastic engine Im a huuuuge fan!!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell View Post
Congrats and please post some pics.
Will do, just got the tint on today I will follow up this thread with a couple of pics
Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 260351

Glad you are enjoying it!

Good to have another TDI buddy!
Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Deletion of TDI technology designation at rear (keeping SQ5 and V6 T on wings and added extra T), Door mirrors elec adjustable/folding/heated/auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, MMI navigation plus, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Audi side assist and Audi active lane assist, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Side window blinds manual, Towing equipment, Rear bench seat plus, Rear side airbags, Removable net partition, Retractable and extendable sun visor, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Storage package, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

josedebardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 271992

You've got another SQ5 TDI enthusiast here in Milan ! Panther black, 21" alloys, B&O, panoramic glass roof.

Cheers

Stefano Fassone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
TTG
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 276195

Congrats! Please post some pics.

Unlike the other post I am glad we still are getting the TSFI engine in the US. Never been a fan of diesel and I am in no mood to pay more for it both as a new car and on the pump.

If US ever gets its act right on diesels I might consider getting one.

Our car is still 3 months out....... Can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for posting an update.

Pre-Order 2015 BMW M4
2011 BMW E92 M3 - Euro Delivery - Retired
2007 BMW E92 335i - Euro Delivery - Retired
TTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #9
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 139

Congrats! I hope to be able to drive a TDI SQ5 someday! Or at least that engine in any Audi. Sounds awesome - enjoy it!

Present:
'14 Audi Q5 TDI, Glacier, S Line, Sport Int, Nav, B&O, Tow - website - 15k miles
'04 Porsche 911 Turbo, Speed Yellow, X50 - website - 45k miles
'09 VW Tiguan 2.0T, Candy White - Hers - 69k miles
Past:
'08 Audi A3 2.0T, Ibis White, DSG, S-line - website - 54k miles
'02 Audi S4 Avant, Imola Yellow, APR Stg3 - website - 191k miles
'01.5 VW Golf 4dr 1.8T, Satin Silver, APR Stg3 - website - 203k miles
'00 Audi A4 1.8T, Silver, APR Stg2 - website - 61k miles
Mark P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 255645

Hoping the next gen SQ5 will have the TDI as an option!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement