Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Experience with service valets?

Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with service valets?

Picked up a new Q5 two weeks back and upon getting home, noticed that there was a bumper scratch (ugh!) that had not been there during the final walk-around. Can only assume it happened while we were crossing t's and dotting i's and then I didn't notice since the sun had set.

(Photo below, if interested in the scratch...)

Regardless, Audi dealer agreed to take care of the damage (As I expected they would) and are arriving today to offer valet service of my car down to the dealer for the service.

Being the new Audi owner that I am, and since the Q5 has 0 other blemishes, I am silently terrified that the guy bringing it to the shop is going to beat the heck out of it! Treat it like a loaner / rental. Has anyone had any experience with these valet service setups before? Good / Bad / indifferent? Would love to be able to drive it there myself, but working in NYC, the valet thing is an awesome service... I think?

They dropped me off a loaner while the work is being done, but being in JC, NJ, I doubt I'll drive it at all.

(Did take about 50 pics of every angle of the car, for a record of what it looked like when they picked it up!)
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2016, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Valet (Concierge) I have dealt with from Audi Stuart (Joe) was fabulous. He has picked up and delivered my car several times and the experience has been great. Nice guy.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the service valet on my 2014 TDI technic and I didn't have any issue with them, when they deliver my car it is clean, what they do between my home and the dealer, no idea but I am sure they are real pros )!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a case where my q5 was returned to me with minor scratches on the rear bumper and on a couple of wheels after a scheduled maintenance service. I was so pissed...in short they took the car in and fixed everything at no cost to me. Things like these happen.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have any experience with an Audi valet, but Ford sent one to pick up my new truck that had paint defects from the factory. The valet smoked in my truck and it took weeks to get rid of the smell. The dealership claims that he doesn't smoke, but he was smoking in my driveway when he came to pick it up.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could say that I had a positive experience with the valet service at my local dealership. Unfortunately, I used the valet service for the first 8000 km service and the driver got into an accident on the way to the dealership. It wasn't his fault as he was rear-ended by a distracted driver texting on their phone, but it was still annoying (to say the least) that my brand new SQ5 was in an accident (with $4000 damage) and I wasn't even driving it. Even though it wasn't the dealerships fault, they did set me up with a loaner Q5 TDI at no cost the entire time my car was in the body shop.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to close this out... Was headed the dealers way so I actually drove down to pickup the Q5, rather than the valet return it. 0 issues at all with the service, and will use again, just feel a bit more comfy behind the wheel myself :-)
Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vilhelm_SQ5
I wish I could say that I had a positive experience with the valet service at my local dealership. Unfortunately, I used the valet service for the first 8000 km service and the driver got into an accident on the way to the dealership. It wasn't his fault as he was rear-ended by a distracted driver texting on their phone, but it was still annoying (to say the least) that my brand new SQ5 was in an accident (with $4000 damage) and I wasn't even driving it. Even though it wasn't the dealerships fault, they did set me up with a loaner Q5 TDI at no cost the entire time my car was in the body shop.
Oh man...You are going to get hit with the accident report for your SQ5 when you sell it...Sux

To OP, I would be worried too especially when it's a brand new and you are still in your break in period. Hopefully dude didn't red line it.