Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Grill on Q5 P+: suggestions for emblem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SQ5 Grill on Q5 P+: suggestions for emblem.

Hi fellow enthusiasts,

Last Apr I got a new 2014 Q5 P+.After a few weeks with the car I started to make some aesthetic modifications, I really like the SQ5 look, so I installed the aluminum mirror caps and finally I could get a good ebay deal for an SQ5 grill.

The grill installation was pretty straight forward with minor modifications. I am very satisfied on how my car looks now. The only thing that bothers me is the grill emblem, I do not want to pretend my car is an SQ5 so I´ve been trying some options to replace the "SQ5" emblem, but so far none of them had been to my complete satisfaction. I tried a black optics "quattro" emblem but looks too small on the grill, then I ordered a "german flag" euro badge, but the size does not make sense in the grill.

Because of that, I would like to kindly ask you guys for your input and see if you can help me with some suggestions. What do you think?

Here is a partial photo of my car front for your reference.

I really appreciate your attention to this post and your feedback!

Old 07-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you simply remove the SQ5? Or would that leave holes? Steve
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Ts0
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what if you took the S part off and left just the Q5?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ts0
that's gonna be AWKWARD.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scrmorling
Can you simply remove the SQ5? Or would that leave holes? Steve
Yes, there is a little "base" for the emblem with a big hole and without the emblem looks really ugly.

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Cheers!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ts0
It´s a good idea. The issue is the grill has a kind of base for the emblem, so if I took off the "S" part, a portion of that base will be visible and I think it will look like if the emblem was broken.

Thanks for your reply, Cheers!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What about removing the badge and then using a dremel to remove the base? A little sanding to finish and you probably wouldn't be able to tell it was there.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would dremel off the raised red square & S from the base and then sand and spray paint black leaving the Q5.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you can't find anything else, maybe just leave it as is. You have the silver mirror caps and the SQ5 grill, so while I respect you not wanting to label the car something it isn't, it kind of already looks like one anyway so not sure that it makes much of a difference. Cuting off the S part would look good if you can pull it off.

On a side note, where did you get the silver caps and how much were they? Looking to get black optics sq5, but like the silver mirror caps.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Rehesan
Hi fellow enthusiasts,

Last Apr I got a new 2014 Q5 P+.After a few weeks with the car I started to make some aesthetic modifications, I really like the SQ5 look, so I installed the aluminum mirror caps and finally I could get a good ebay deal for an SQ5 grill.

The grill installation was pretty straight forward with minor modifications. I am very satisfied on how my car looks now. The only thing that bothers me is the grill emblem, I do not want to pretend my car is an SQ5 so I´ve been trying some options to replace the "SQ5" emblem, but so far none of them had been to my complete satisfaction. I tried a black optics "quattro" emblem but looks too small on the grill, then I ordered a "german flag" euro badge, but the size does not make sense in the grill.

Because of that, I would like to kindly ask you guys for your input and see if you can help me with some suggestions. What do you think?

Here is a partial photo of my car front for your reference.

I really appreciate your attention to this post and your feedback!

Let me offer some kudos here. You're the only one I've seen that rather than "posing" your Q as an SQ, you're making your own look. Refreshing.

Quick Reply: SQ5 Grill on Q5 P+: suggestions for emblem.