Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

S-Line Grille option for the Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by que-e
Folks,

Have ordered the Q5 S-line (Ibis White) to be delivered in June 2010 (in Uptown Audi-Markham, Ontario) as I'm a big fan of paddle-shifters. Don't like the honey-comb design of the front and rear bumpers...want the simple plain style.

I live in Toronto, Ontario and willing to swap for free the front (together with the front grille) and rear bumper in exchange for an ordinary Q5 front and rear bumper. We can probably share 50-50 the cost of installation.

Only other issue is the colour - if it's not Ibis White, then, that's going to be an extra cost to repaint both bumpers...unless we think that it's cool to drive around and start a fashion trend of Q5s with different bumper colours :-)

Nevertheless, I'm flexible and willing to meet you half-way...whoever you are.

You can e-mail (clengm@yahoo.ca) or call 416-930-2021.

Cheers
This would be awesome, except I live in Pensacola FL and the distance would be quite an issue. I have a 2010 Ibis White Q5 so the swap would be perfect.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Wish we were closer!

Originally Posted by abacon09
This would be awesome, except I live in Pensacola FL and the distance would be quite an issue. I have a 2010 Ibis White Q5 so the swap would be perfect.
It'd really be nice to be able to do this Q5 project of ours! Don't have any other solution except shipping out the parts, but it will cost us both a fortune!

Let me know if you have any better ideas.

Cheers
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

It'd really be nice to be able to do this Q5 project of ours! Don't have any other solution except shipping out the parts, but it will cost us both a fortune!

Cheers
Well, if your going on any vacation to Florida we can meet. Otherwise, I'll let you know if I am in the north east any time. I'm in the military so you never know.
Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Cheers
Well if you ever go on vacation in florida let me know so we can meet. And I let you know if I make it up to the northeast any time soon. I'm in the military so you never know.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had my non S line Q5 Prestige front grill swapped to S Line today at local Audi delear. Job took 3 hours, cost breakdown as follows: $530 S Line Grill + $140 license plate filler + $400 labor

Talked with the techs and they said the grill pretty much fit in nicely with no modifications needed to be done. Wish I could replace the two lower side grills too but that is almost impossible due to the huge differences in their shapes. Anyway, the new grill is a beauty!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Enjoy your S-Line Front Grill!

Originally Posted by rawg51
Had my non S line Q5 Prestige front grill swapped to S Line today at local Audi delear. Job took 3 hours, cost breakdown as follows: $530 S Line Grill + $140 license plate filler + $400 labor

Talked with the techs and they said the grill pretty much fit in nicely with no modifications needed to be done. Wish I could replace the two lower side grills too but that is almost impossible due to the huge differences in their shapes. Anyway, the new grill is a beauty!
Glad to know it fits like a charm without ANY modifications.

Are you in Toronto, Canada or anywhere nearby? And which colour do you have?

For the 2 lower front grills, I think the front bumper has to be replaced. Please confirm. And if you're interested, we can do an exchange (front and rear bumpers). Let's just discuss $$$ if you are into it...such as sharing installation fees, having them repainted if they're not Ibis White.

Cheers, que-e
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Las Vegas is my location. Got Ibis white color. Bumpers remain the same, no mods done. I'm waiting for them to buy my old front grill too (i.e. trade off).
Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default S-Line delivered this weekend, will pick it up at dealership next week!

Hello again, folks!

Hope you're all enjoying your Q5!

My S-Line White Ibis baby has finally come. And I'd like to refer again to my earlier quote re the front/rear bumpers together with the front grill.

If you're in Toronto (Canada) or really nearby, and you have an Ibis White base model, I'd love to switch the above items with you.

I'm willing to pay the labour cost as long as you're willing to do the switch.

Thanks in advance and best regards, que-e (tel: 416-930-2021 or email: clengm@yahoo.ca).