Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

front door panel help

Old 07-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front door panel help

so, whilst getting clear film at a facility in the next state, the tinter apparently pulled the door panel out a bit to work with the front window tint i asked to have installed and when i got the car back, there is a gap now between the tweeter sail panel and the top of the door card and also a sizeable gap from there vertically down along the metal of the door. it's as if it's not clipped in or something but i can't see anything and it won't snap or anything when pushing it closer to the door. it looks like there is some sort of adhesive strip that seals the door card against the metal of the door and that is not even touching.

the driver side is tight and appears correct.

any idea what could be happening here? i was thinking a clip is not snapped in or even worse, that it's out of its spot in the card and fastened in the door without the corresponding anchor point on the panel.

the people who did this are too far away to worry about getting in touch with them for a solution so i'm on my own.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by builthatch
so, whilst getting clear film at a facility in the next state, the tinter apparently pulled the door panel out a bit to work with the front window tint i asked to have installed and when i got the car back, there is a gap now between the tweeter sail panel and the top of the door card and also a sizeable gap from there vertically down along the metal of the door. it's as if it's not clipped in or something but i can't see anything and it won't snap or anything when pushing it closer to the door. it looks like there is some sort of adhesive strip that seals the door card against the metal of the door and that is not even touching.

the driver side is tight and appears correct.

any idea what could be happening here? i was thinking a clip is not snapped in or even worse, that it's out of its spot in the card and fastened in the door without the corresponding anchor point on the panel.

the people who did this are too far away to worry about getting in touch with them for a solution so i'm on my own.
to me its the clip that is not secured to the door panel. You will need to remove the door panel again and pull the clip off the door frame panel and pop it back onto the inner door panel.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, that's what i'm thinking. i'll dig into it a bit tomorrow and see.

and i tried to edit the first post but i guess there is a time limit on edits here. i meant to say that the passenger side is tight and correct.