Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Received higher MF than I qualified for. Write bad reivew on JD Power Survey?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received higher MF than I qualified for. Write bad reivew on JD Power Survey?

I made the mistake of not doing all my homework before leasing a new Q5 Audi. We were informed that we had top-tier credit and qualified for best MF rate available in March. We leased the car with a MF of .00151 but I later found out we should have gotten a MF of .00136.

I calculated this out to about a difference of $10/month, so with a lease of 36 months, the dealership earned an extra $360.

Although there is nothing to do at this point as far as the payments, I was curious what benefit there is to me for writing a really bad review on the JD Power survey? Here is the thing, if i give them a stellar review on the survey, the dealership will give us a free tank of gas (worth about $100 with today's gas prices). What would you guys do?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you kidding me? "You made the mistake, you didnt do your homework before leasing", and now you want to burn the dealer???
Take the gas and call it a day man.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dealerships really ought to help out as much as possible by stating the full facts. That is why I gave my dealership a good review on JD - because they told me I wouldn't get the best rate from AFS and instead, did their best to get as good a rate from someone else. Up front truth and honesty should be the basis of the transactions.

I recommend letting your dealership know your best interest wasn't on their mind by giving them the bad review via JD.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RLiu818
What would you guys do?
tough call...

One the one hand...
You trusted your dealer to have your best interest in mind. They took advantage of that trust. Your feel mislead...in fact, cheated.

On the other hand...
You trusted your dealer to have your best interest in mind. They took advantage of that trust. Who's fault is it that they made some extra jack at your expense. Most dealers do anything they can get away with to maximize profit...including lie, cheat, mislead, bend the truth, play dumb, gouge, rip-off, steal, and lie. Yes, I said lie twice. No big surprise here.

I'd have a hard time with the "sell-out"; giving them a stellar review (that they don't deserve) for anything less than what you state they cheated you out of.

I'd also be concerned about damaging what is remaining of the owner/dealer relationship...sticking it to them by telling the truth.

Is there another dealer in your area?

Last edited by HaveBullDogWillTravel; 03-10-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its a tough call. We were fortunate to have an up-front dealer experience Niello. The AFS "Buy" rate is just that, what you qualify for and the rate the dealer pays. I did ask specifically what the money factor was.

To make $360 is actually pretty small markup. We were told what the buy rate was, and what the dealer was offering. It was also around the same markup. We did get the vehicle for invoice +500, so it was still a good deal in our eyes, and Audi-care was tossed at 1/2 price.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why dont you just ask the dealer what he thinks (after all he may want more business from you in future). Who exactly was responsible for .00151 down? Perhaps they would like to give you a free valet and tank of fuel in a few weeks. Then coupled with an even more glowing report you will all be up on the deal.