Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 2014 Audi MMI3G+ NAV Address Storage Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 2014 Audi MMI3G+ NAV Address Storage Problem

Problem: Manually installed & stored 38 destinations in my MMI3G+ NAV system upon deliver of my Q5 at the beginning of the month.
Worked O.K. for several weeks, then they all disappeared after I switched cell phones. (No destinations stored in old or new cell phone.)

Audi dealer gave me a "Technical Service Bulletin Release Date Mar 4, 2014 titled 91 MMI3G+ Bluetooth security profile for stored contacts, navigation favorites, and myAudi PIN"

It boils down to "The addresses and contacts stored in the 'Navigation>> Favorites, Navigation>>Directory, and Navigation>>Last Destinations' submenus disappear intermittently.

Another problem is intermittently, the MMI system does not appear to remember that the user's myAudi PIN has already been entered, and it requires the user to enter the PIN again.

IF a user stores addresses and contacts while a Bluetooth phone is paired to the vehicle, those addresses and contacts will be visible ONLY when the same phone is paired to the vehicle.

IF a user stores addresses and contacts while a Bluetooth phone is NOT paired to the vehicle, those addresses and contacts will be visible anytime.

Explain to the customer that if additional phones have EVER been paired to the vehicle, it is possible that the vehicle will pair to one of those phones if one is nearby (such as inside the customer's home when the car is in the garage/driveway.

So it appears that NAV destinations are linked to each cell phone that is paired when the destinations are entered. This is when the destinations are entered directly into the NAV and not downloaded from a phone. Pair a different cell phone and no NAV data is visible.

In vehicles with Audi connect, the user is prompted to enter the myAudiPIN when selecting online destinations or when importing contacts from the myAudi account. If the user's Bluetooth phone (the same phone that was paired to the vehicle when the PIN was entered initially) is paired to the vehicle, the user will not be prompted to re-enter the PIN after it has been entered. (Different cell phone and you will be asked for a PIN again.)

I hope this helps anyone having the same strange NAV problems that I have encountered when changing cell phones on my 2014 Q5 Prestige S-Line+ with MMI3G+ since taking delivery this month. (I guess the same would apply to a wife's cell phone pairing)

In my case I changed cell phones, and lost all my destinations entered while the old phone was paired, never to be seen again.