Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 03:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Problem with 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line!

Need help with a problem I'm having with a brand new 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line. Car has less than 1200 miles. Dealership already had to replace an AdBlue pump because it wasn't working. When I received the car back, I noticed that every time I come to a stop, I hear fluids swishing around. The dealership doesn't know what the issue is, and I never heard it prior to the pump replacement or when I was test driving other TDI models. There is no reason for fluids to be low. Any thoughts on what it could be? There appears to be baffles in the tank to prevent such a noise. Is there something else people are aware of? I am desperate for answers!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you mind recording that sound?
Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That IS weird! Can you tell what portion of the vehicle it is coming from? Have you looked in the spare tire well to see if there is any liquid of any kind sloshing about in it?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can try to record the sound. It's definitely very subtle, but I hear it every time I come to a stop. I haven't checked the spare tire well but will do that. The noise is definitely coming from the rear of the car. The dealership said the AsBlue reservoir is under the rear seats. It seems to be coming from further back than that, but I haven't pin pointed it at all.

I never heard the noise until the dealership replaced the AdBlue pump. They said they didn't remove the tank. With only 1200 miles on this car (60 miles since the pump was replaced), this car should be purring like a kitten.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AUDI_Q5_TDI_help
I can try to record the sound. It's definitely very subtle, but I hear it every time I come to a stop. I haven't checked the spare tire well but will do that. The noise is definitely coming from the rear of the car. The dealership said the AsBlue reservoir is under the rear seats. It seems to be coming from further back than that, but I haven't pin pointed it at all.

I never heard the noise until the dealership replaced the AdBlue pump. They said they didn't remove the tank. With only 1200 miles on this car (60 miles since the pump was replaced), this car should be purring like a kitten.
im not sure if the Q5 TDI is turbo charged or not. I know for sure for the Q5 2.0T. When the turbo stops kicking in after releasing the gas. it will create a swoosh sound. (diverter or BOV). Best to record the sound if it happens often
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
im not sure if the Q5 TDI is turbo charged or not.
It's a turbodiesel so yes.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by idale
It's a turbodiesel so yes.
oh lol, its possible that his diverter valve/ stock BOV is making that sound. im not 100% sure
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Definitely not the turbo. This noise wasn't there prior to the dealership replacing the AdBlue pump (the additive that makes diesel burn clean). They're stumped. Thank you to all for your comments. Keep them coming if you have ideas! I'll try to get a recording tonight.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AUDI_Q5_TDI_help
Definitely not the turbo. This noise wasn't there prior to the dealership replacing the AdBlue pump (the additive that makes diesel burn clean). They're stumped. Thank you to all for your comments. Keep them coming if you have ideas! I'll try to get a recording tonight.
Yeah def. try to record the sound.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
im not sure if the Q5 TDI is turbo charged or not. I know for sure for the Q5 2.0T. When the turbo stops kicking in after releasing the gas. it will create a swoosh sound. (diverter or BOV). Best to record the sound if it happens often
To paraphrase the Cookie Monster, "T is for turbo, that's good enough for me..."

Quick Reply: Problem with 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line!