Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New(ish) member intro :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The mod bug bites :)

Hi all! I've been on the forums for almost half a year... Thanks to the many informative posts, I decided to get a Q5 a few months ago and have been having a blast with it!

The Q5 is definitely a great car with lots going for it... then the mod bug hit (I'm sure alot can relate[>_<])... after doing the research (and thanks to ntubeusa for sharing his experience) this is what I have now...

Exterior

Interior

Definitely looking at wheels next since the stock 18s now look a bit out of place

A quick shoutout to Dan at 425 Motorsports for the guidance the whole way... Also many thanks to WuWraps for the interior treatment... if anyone is in the Seattle area, I would wholeheartedly recommend them!

I welcome any feedback/suggestions for what to do next

------------------------------
Adding some shots of the build process (thanks again to 425 Motorsports)

The kit arrives!

Contents of the kit:

This will add some grunt

Getting painted (thanks to Queen City):

Rear valance:

Front bumper getting fitted:

Wheel arches going on:

Rear valance installed:

Kit install complete!:

Thanks!

Last edited by D_Frost; 11-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Merry Christmas Eve and congrats on a BAD looking Q !!!

REALLY like the front end look - Impressive and aggressive
but we need details and mod lists !

how about adding a signature with some details - assume s-line with 3.2 ?

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 12-24-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
Merry Christmas Eve and congrats on a BAD looking Q !!!

REALLY like the front end look - Impressive and aggressive
but we need details and mod lists !

how about adding a signature with some details - assume s-line with 3.2 ?
Thanks for the tip... totally forgot about the signature since I haven't been posting much
Old 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in the Seattle area too for the Holidays - Merry Christmas Your car looks great. Stick with silver wheels if you go bigger - we have 20s on our Q5 and and that size seems perfect.

Sure like the exhaust look.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, D Frost, that looks grrrrrrreat!

You sold me on the rear valence. Did that come as part of the Remus exhaust package?
I wish I had known about the black-out package when I got mine. Was that factory ordered or did you fit it out later somehow?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I am leaning towards 20" wheels (probably with gunmetal/titanium look), just hoping it won't affect the ride quality too much (seeing as I'm going from the stock 18").

cprg2011, the rear valence comes as part of the sport exhaust package. I know Caractere makes a rear valence for the standard exhaust (with the round cutouts) as well, but I loved the look and sound of the Remus As for blacking out the grill, I had a local guy vinyl wrap it and it looks very much like factory (plus I can still go back to chrome later down the road).

Wish everyone Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I will say that the 20s certainly affect the ride, but not so much that it bothers me to the point of regret. Try 'em out first if you can...I notice that they track a lot more seriously than i found the 18s did. If you don't mind the ride I'd say go 20s for sure. It's a look thing, but a good one.

Glad to hear from someone who likes their exhaust. I have yet to receive a sound file from Remus but I would love to know how it compares to the Stasis cat-back kit, which sounds dandy from the exterior but has a cabin resonance that is, for me, anyway, just a bit much.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cprg2011
I will say that the 20s certainly affect the ride, but not so much that it bothers me to the point of regret. Try 'em out first if you can...I notice that they track a lot more seriously than i found the 18s did. If you don't mind the ride I'd say go 20s for sure. It's a look thing, but a good one.

Glad to hear from someone who likes their exhaust. I have yet to receive a sound file from Remus but I would love to know how it compares to the Stasis cat-back kit, which sounds dandy from the exterior but has a cabin resonance that is, for me, anyway, just a bit much.
I'll definitely take your advice into consideration... 20's are probably my top choice at the moment since they will really complete the look.

There definitely is cabin resonance on the Remus exhaust... I think the stock muffler is really quiet (too quiet). I believe AWE-Tuning has an exhaust for the Q5 as well that may be worth looking into.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Love the murdered out front end , now a set of black powdercoated 20" s-line wheels would top it off!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks to my buddy at Platte Forme A.G., I finally found the wheels (HRE P40)to complete the look. Getting everything fitted just right took some time, but in the end everything was perfect. Totally takes the transformation to the next level...

Quick Reply: New(ish) member intro :)