Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Q5 TDI Slow Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Q5 TDI Slow Build Thread

Well here we go! I won't be getting outrageous (I hope) but here are some pix of the new ride to get started.

2014 Q5 3.0 TDI Premium Plus
- Lava Grey
- S-Line Plus (required Sport Interior)
- MMI/Navigation (and yes I like having nav in the vehicle!)
- B&O sound system
- Audi Side Assist
- Came with Goodyear Excellence High Performance Summer tires

More updates to come as initial work gets done!
Attached Images    
Old 05-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Lookin' good. Steve
Old 05-02-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

We just took delivery of the same car but in Brilliant Black. What type of "work" are you planning to do?

Looks awesome, by the way. Lava + SLine+ gives it a unique look.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, I am waiting on my build, hopefully delivered by middle of July. Did not get the S line but may reconsider after seeing yours.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gojones
Congrats, I am waiting on my build, hopefully delivered by middle of July. Did not get the S line but may reconsider after seeing yours.
I don't believe you get the amazing flat bottom wheel without the S line
Old 05-02-2014, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nathanjbrown
We just took delivery of the same car but in Brilliant Black. What type of "work" are you planning to do?

Looks awesome, by the way. Lava + SLine+ gives it a unique look.
Thanks all for the comments. I'm loving the ride! I am upgrading the stereo... the B&O has much better fidelity in my opinion than the stock system but it's a little "thin" sounding. So some woofers and an amp to replace the spare tire are in the works :-). Also some cosmetic stuff, like clear bra, front tint and paint protection. Much better options available aftermarket than through the dealership. Finally, considering trying the euro height mod and some modest spacers to give it the finishing touches. I just really love the look and lines of the vehicle but a little better ride height and wheel spacing really sets the vehicle apart in my opinion. Nothing that screams at you but an inch or two here or there can make all the diff. More photos and details to come...
Old 05-02-2014, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gojones
Thanks! I really struggled with trim initially, primarily because I couldn't "see" one before buying i and didn't want a cheap look. There were one in stock anywhere in my area... It's a rare option. However I couldn't be happier... I love the wheels and interior with the flat steering wheel. The kicker for me though was the Drive Select and auto damping. I am not a wildly aggressive driver but if you drive an audi you want to...you know... Drive it! And this tdi is a torque monster that's a world apart from my RX 300 (which I loved by the way, it's just a very different vehicle). So the S-line gave the wheels, Drive Select, and interior options I wanted. Also, I don't see them on the road at every stoplight so having a slightly unique vehicle is nice...
Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great! I ordered the same options in Daytona Pearl. I was told mine arrived at the port today and that it should be at the dealership in 10 days. The wait is almost over but not soon enough!

Keep us posted on those upgrades. I've been contemplating a few of those myself.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Step 2...
- Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra full hood, full fenders, lights, mirrors, door edge, door cups, hatch edge, and bumpers
- Suntek Carbon Film front windows 35% to "almost match" the rear. Honestly it's a tad darker than the rear.
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

One more...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My Q5 TDI Slow Build Thread