Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '13 has 5.7.3, which I find to be pretty up to date. Good to see they're updating them more regularly. Seems like 5.5.5 was used for a couple years and is terribly out of date.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmmdmd
My '13 has 5.7.3, which I find to be pretty up to date. Good to see they're updating them more regularly. Seems like 5.5.5 was used for a couple years and is terribly out of date.
My '13 purchased in 11/12 has 5.6.5. Not sure if/when I'll update.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
My '13 purchased in 11/12 has 5.6.5. Not sure if/when I'll update.
My 2013 Q5 purchased 5/30 (built in April) has 5.7.3 and has bad data. It shows my house as being almost 1/2 mile away from it's correct location as they are using old zoning maps. This is the same error that Google Maps had a couple years ago and have since fixed.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bjweber
Here are the software and navigation database versions on my 2014 SQ5:

So has this been confirmed the latest software?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bjweber
Here are the software and navigation database versions on my 2014 SQ5:

Thanks, your SQ5 is running the same version as mine which looks to be the newest I've found in my searches:

MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?-aqeriyf.jpg
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
What is on this check list if you don't mind me asking. I'm due to pick mine up in less than 2 weeks myself!
I just did a quick handwritten list based off of various other lists I found doing Google searches.

On my list, I ignored the basics (scratches, dents, rips, etc) and made myself reminders to check for the little things that could easily get overlooked or forgotten. (AMI Cable, MMI version, # of keys, etc)
Old 08-24-2013, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
Would you mind posting your checklist once you have it ready.. just curious to see what all we should be checking for.
Here's a delivery checklist I use (in no particular order)

1. Inspect the car carefully inside and out for any damage or obvious cosmetic issues and have the dealer note them on the invoice.
2. Allow the dealer to walk you through the various features (this gives you a jump start on understanding all the systems).
3. Ensure the dealer activates Sirius radio, Sirius Traffic and Audi Connect/T-Mobile free trials.
4. Ensure the AMI cable is present and if you have an iPhone or 3rd generation iTouch, see if they will swap out the blue grommet AMI cable for the red one for video and album art display; (note that iPhone 5 will not pass video with AMI cable and Apple adapter).
5. Resist all offers to purchase add-ons (usually from the finance mgr.) i.e. extended warranties, Audi Care, paint treatments, etc. Despite what he may say otherwise, you can purchase these later if you are so inclined. (Audi Care is the only one I'll buy at 15K service and bras and films will be usually less expensive from third parties on your own).
6. Ensure you get a full tank of gas.
7. If required, make sure they provide the info to your insurance company and the car has its inspection sticker.
8. Ensure the shipping blocks have been removed.
9. Ensure all keys (incl emergency key), spare, jack, tools, all operating manuals and all paperwork incl registration are present.
10. Check tire pressures are not set to the max settings on the door label but are set to the manual's recommendation.
11. Ask if any and all applicable TSBs have been checked for and applied
12. Bring a camera and take some photos before you drive it off the lot. The car will never look better and you'll have a nice record of the experience for later.
13. Try not to be too excited before running down the list above.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the list!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
13. Try not to be too excited before running down the list above.
This is the most important rule for any inspection list.
You really have to make sure you leave your heart at the door when entering the dealership on delivery day.... You'll be SO excited about getting the new car that there may be things that you'll forget to check, or simply overlook to start enjoying your new ride ASAP.

Take all the time in the world to do a proper inspection BEFORE you sign on the dotted lines.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaXeN
This is the most important rule for any inspection list.
You really have to make sure you leave your heart at the door when entering the dealership on delivery day.... You'll be SO excited about getting the new car that there may be things that you'll forget to check, or simply overlook to start enjoying your new ride ASAP.

Take all the time in the world to do a proper inspection BEFORE you sign on the dotted lines.
I always see this advice, and I always wonder: Do they sell cars without warranties in some places? I guess that aside from dings/scratches/cosmetic issues, I fail to see the need for thorough checking of components like, say, the wipers and washer fluid pump. 2 reasons: I already paid some ridiculous PDI fee to the dealer to do exactly that for me, and I've never had an in-warranty breakdown where the dealer's accused me of fault. Especially if it's within the first week or 2.

So, great checklists, but say you find an issue? Then what? Don't buy the car? Negotiate a discount?

Quick Reply: MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?