Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Comfort Seats

Old 07-24-2014, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfort Seats

So finally just about ready to order an SQ5, but debating on seats. I prefer the sport seats, but the wife wants cooled and comfortable. I think I can compromise (as long as I get an RS5 or equivalent next year ) and get the presumed to be more comfortable seats for the "family" car. I would like to see the seats before I concede though, but just not possible where I live. I've searched with limited success. Any chance anyone here with these seats could post some "real life" pics it would be much appreciated. Any comments on the quality of the milano leather vs the nappa is also welcome.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on where you are located (USA vs Canada), you may only have the option of the Nappa Leather Sport seats. In Canada, the SQ5 only comes with the Nappa Leather Sport seats. I've had my SQ5 for three months and so far no complaints about the sport seats (albeit they are fairly stiff). I haven't driven a Q5 with the Milano leather for comparison, but the Nappa leather is fairly soft and feels great.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the Nappa leather, really great. And the sporty seats are comfortable as hell.

Since you're ordering, it is a MY2015. In Canada, you can have comfort seat package for Technik trim only.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck2006
Love the Nappa leather, really great. And the sporty seats are comfortable as hell.

Since you're ordering, it is a MY2015. In Canada, you can have comfort seat package for Technik trim only.
hey Chuck you really made me jealous...LOL
Old 07-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Ts0
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vilhelm_SQ5
but the Nappa leather is fairly soft and feels great.
this.

i love the nappa
Old 07-24-2014, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David&Niki
hey Chuck you really made me jealous...LOL
Why ? Didn't understand sorry...?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck2006
Why ? Didn't understand sorry...?
because i do love the Nappa leather, however my Q5 14 with s-line can only take black as original...
sorry for the confusion though.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the replies. I was finally able to find some good pics on CarMax's website. Showed them to her and she has finally come to her senses. The leather looks grainy. We are both in agreement with Nappa.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick3753
Thanks for the replies. I was finally able to find some good pics on CarMax's website. Showed them to her and she has finally come to her senses. The leather looks grainy. We are both in agreement with Nappa.
This is from my S6. To allow air in, the leather is perforated giving it the "grainy" look you mention. I find the leather quite soft and you can't "feel" the holes, but it's not as good looking as the diamond-quilted seats (solid in the Q5) from the sport seat.

Comfort Seats-asiv5g3.jpg
Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
This is from my S6. To allow air in, the leather is perforated giving it the "grainy" look you mention. I find the leather quite soft and you can't "feel" the holes, but it's not as good looking as the diamond-quilted seats (solid in the Q5) from the sport seat.

Thanks for the pic, but I would imagine the quality of leather in the s6 to be above that of the Q5, no? Must have been tough to pass on the diamond shaped leather though. It looks and feels so damn plush. Also, from what I saw in the pics I did find, the leather on the bolsters and headrest (not the ventillated portions) had the grainy texture to it on the Q5 comfort seats. Not the smooth nappa appearance. I'd link to that car, but looks like it is gone from Carmax website.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comfort Seats