Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

interior led lights on sq5

Old 01-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior led lights on sq5

I haven't yet taken delivery of the car yet but was wondering if someone could help me out before hand so I can have some stuff ready to do to it when it comes. Im interested in getting an interior led light kit for it but want to make sure the sq5's don't already come with led' interior lights as either part of the facelift or the fact its an sq5 and not a q5. so I don't buy something I don't need. Also was wondering about the rear license plate lights, are they led's on the sq5?

so far I ordered a vag com from ross tech
hoen h11's
emailed auto style on the custom floor mats
waiting to see the car to get license plate frames that I like
and im looking for new front grill options

anything else you all would recommend?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry for typos and grammatical errors, haven't figured out how to edit posts.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

I did notice that my sister in-law's 2014 A5 Cab has all LED interior lights. I think I like the look of my incandescent bulbs in my 2011 Q5 better. I must be old school.

If in a cold climate I would recommend winter wheels and tires.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5
I did notice that my sister in-law's 2014 A5 Cab has all LED interior lights. I think I like the look of my incandescent bulbs in my 2011 Q5 better. I must be old school.

If in a cold climate I would recommend winter wheels and tires.
thanks

I got it with the 20" wheels so im planning on switching them out to conti dws all seasons

I had a bmw x5 with the same and it was perfectly fine for me. I'm a pretty skilled driver that enjoys a little slip and slide every once in a while. When its really bad out I will just stay home.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wanting to do the same to my SQ. You might check into the weatherTech digital fit mats. I have had them in all my cars. I have been busy, but I want to do the LED upgrade ASAP. I have the led fog lights on order.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do a search on interior LEDs. Subject has been covered extensively.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by koobah
Do a search on interior LEDs. Subject has been covered extensively.
Even after doing a search it doesn't say specifically if the 2014 my sq5 has interior led's from the factory. That was my main question. There is nothing more annoying then someone saying do a search to a question...we all know how to do a search its 2014, google has been around for quite some time. I have read every post on this blog regarding sq5's and its possible I may have missed it by why not just answer my question then take the time out to be obnoxious. WE are all here to help eachother out and and relate in our hobby which is cars, mods, whatever. I just don't get it. Sorry my post bored you and wasted your time.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlnike
Even after doing a search it doesn't say specifically if the 2014 my sq5 has interior led's from the factory. That was my main question. There is nothing more annoying then someone saying do a search to a question...we all know how to do a search its 2014, google has been around for quite some time. I have read every post on this blog regarding sq5's and its possible I may have missed it by why not just answer my question then take the time out to be obnoxious. WE are all here to help eachother out and and relate in our hobby which is cars, mods, whatever. I just don't get it. Sorry my post bored you and wasted your time.
NO!!! My 2014 SQ5 prestige DOES NOT have LEDs. I know!! I don't even really post about the mods I have done because people want a six page report!!! I posted a pic of my window tint and this one guy told me I should have posted all the specs on the tint. Lol. I mean window tint is a preference on how light and dark you go. And every color will make it look different. There are some really nice guys and information on here though.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
NO!!! My 2014 SQ5 prestige DOES NOT have LEDs. I know!! I don't even really post about the mods I have done because people want a six page report!!! I posted a pic of my window tint and this one guy told me I should have posted all the specs on the tint. Lol. I mean window tint is a preference on how light and dark you go. And every color will make it look different. There are some really nice guys and information on here though.
I agree to the fact that their are good people on here and im sure its the majority or the forum wouldn exist... thanks for letting me know about your car I will order my set now. should I got xtralights or tunerdomes ??
Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlnike
No need to get offensive. By searching I meant this forum not google, which obviously you didn't because the interior LEDs have been discussed here numerous times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: interior led lights on sq5