Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, the happy sounds of a new car you love! Nothing like it! I was looking at the beige interior with the dark blue exterior. I forget the name, but it is NOT the moonlight blue. That was too black for me.

I cannot wait to drive it again. I looked at all those same cars and also love the way the Q5 looks. Super sharp!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CapeDave
Thanks! I appreciate the response. As I am sure most here know, there is alot that goes into buying a car.

I will also need to decide between sports and comfort seats at some point. I think I will start with the 18 inch wheels and save some $$$. Could always add bigger ones later.

Also, I will be getting one without the sunroof. Already decided that. I never use the darn things. And figure it has to be a little bit quieter without one.

That said, it is a really neat sunroof.

I will be driving it again on Saturday.

And If I go ahead,after building the car I want, I will then need to get the best deal
Go for the sport seats , the 12 way power lumbar adjustments are sweet...
Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! I appreciate the response. As I am sure most here know, there is alot that goes into buying a car.

I will also need to decide between sports and comfort seats at some point. I think I will start with the 18 inch wheels and save some $$$. Could always add bigger ones later.

Also, I will be getting one without the sunroof. Already decided that. I never use the darn things. And figure it has to be a little bit quieter without one.

And If I go ahead,after building the car I want, I will then need to get the best deal
I would not skip the sunroof. If I am not mistaken, there is no credit for deleting the sunroof and your car will be worth less at trade-in time without it. I have not noticed any noise from the sunroof and there is a very nice sunscreen if you don't want the sun. That being said, I am a first time Audi owner and absolutely love my Q5. Go for it!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ah, the happy sounds of a new car you love! Nothing like it! I was looking at the beige interior with the dark blue exterior. I forget the name, but it is NOT the moonlight blue. That was too black for me.
The only other blue (here, at least) is the Scuuuuuuuba. (Popular color around these parts.)
Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Scuuuuuba!

Just saying it makes me smile. ;-)
Old 01-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by idale
The only other blue (here, at least) is the Scuuuuuuuba. (Popular color around these parts.)
Yes, that is the color!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ammadeus
Go for the sport seats , the 12 way power lumbar adjustments are sweet...
Thanks, I will be checking those out thoroughly.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by plumber212
I would not skip the sunroof. If I am not mistaken, there is no credit for deleting the sunroof and your car will be worth less at trade-in time without it. I have not noticed any noise from the sunroof and there is a very nice sunscreen if you don't want the sun. That being said, I am a first time Audi owner and absolutely love my Q5. Go for it!
Yes, I checked it out, but I am willing to forgo the future value as I really do not use them or enjoy them. I will resell to someone, who, like me, has had bad experiences with sunroofs. Believe me, there are PLENTY out there

I am hoping to drive it again tomorrow!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I had the RX350 right before my first Q5 3.2 in 09. Lease was up and downsized to the CRV and after about a year or so of leasing the CRV, took a good look at the X1, X3 and RDX. All ok or rather better than ok, but Audi just had more of what I was looking for in an SUV.
Anyhow,I have the sport seats and find them very much more comfortable than the standard seats I had on my 09. About the sunroof - on my 09, the channels in the drains got backed up causing some water leakage. Audi gave me a Q7 while they waited for the part to come in from Germany. On that Audi, I had a tan interior and a light colored sun shade - which I hated because on those hot days allowed too much sun right on top on my head!
I have the black interior with the chestnut sport seats and the sunroof shade is black which effectively keeps that sun from beating down on you and surprisingly gives the car a more open feeling. However, I never used the sunroof on any of my SUVs in the open position - why light the heat/and or wind noise in? But that's just me. I would mention that we have just had a recent bout of temps below the teens and my sunroof did creak a bit - that's a heavy piece of glass to be creaking and a bit unsettling when you hear it.
If the non sunroof models were as readily available and cheaper (why shouldn't they be cheaper, BTW?) I'd prefer the solid roof.

Bob
Old 01-10-2014, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CapeDave- if you have time and patience to wait- you can order your Q5 with European Delivery . You get additional 5% discount and experience that you will never forget. Check out European Delivery forum on this web site.

Quick Reply: I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today