Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 283952

Default Gas pedal click right after I start engine and drive

Every time I start the engine and drive, my foot can feel a single click on the gas pedal, with a light click sound, similar to door auto lock(I'm pretty sure it is not due to the door auto lock, as the auto lock happens after that click) This happens several seconds right after starting to drive.

Does anyone feel the same thing? I did some research and one theory was that the click was due to the ABS initialization. But the puzzle is why ABS would cause a vibration on the gas pedal.
rogergu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 283451

I get the same - I assume it's normal, but I don't actually know.
kga1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 238283

I have the same thing. Had it since the day I picked up the vehicle. It coincides with the speed to turn off the rear view camera in my Q5 (7mph)
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 250943

Assuming it's not the doors auto-locking, it's most likely the ABS init. The pump and accumulator are mounted on the firewall which, in almost every car I've driven, transfers a good amount of noise/feel to the gas pedal and anything else in that area.

I'll check on my way home, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 254466

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogergu View Post
Every time I start the engine and drive, my foot can feel a single click on the gas pedal, with a light click sound, similar to door auto lock(I'm pretty sure it is not due to the door auto lock, as the auto lock happens after that click) This happens several seconds right after starting to drive.

Does anyone feel the same thing? I did some research and one theory was that the click was due to the ABS initialization. But the puzzle is why ABS would cause a vibration on the gas pedal.
have the same thing on my 18000 km odo 2013 q5 2.0t....i think it's NORMAL...it happens when i slow down for the traffic light without making a complete stop and then put my foot down lightly on the gas pedal...yes, i think it's abs module...it's been described a few times in the forum...

when i got my car in for service, the dealer gave me an a4 which has the same thing as well...
Old 06-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 283952

Thanks for everyone's reply. BTW, I also have 2010 BMW 328i, which does not have any feel or sound when start to drive.

I also sent this question to my dealer, but they seem not aware of this at all.
rogergu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement