Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Deposit down! 2015 SQ5

Old 06-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarDave
I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.
Just out of curiosity, what is the cost for shipping back to the states?
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Dave - sounds like a solid plan and great experience. My wife and I live in Switzerland now and try to make monthly trips somewhere through Europe (I just ordered my SQ5 with Black Optics and will wait until Sept-Dec for it...).

We spent 3 weeks in Barcelona this year so got a good feel for the area. PM me if you have specific questions. I'd highly recommend going to Cadaques on the French boarder. The drive is breathtaking with switchbacks and tight roads. The town is very gorgeous and fairly catalonian/french so it's not a tourist trap. Dali used to spend a lot of time there, on your way from Barcelona you will pass his house and a museum if you're into it.

On the drive down I'd recommend going via Switzerland and passing into Italy via either Simplon pass or Aosta (San Bernardino tunnel) then drive the coast to Spain...I'm excited writing this!

Good luck and enjoy the trip

Originally Posted by CarDave
I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by acadapter
Just out of curiosity, what is the cost for shipping back to the states?
Shipping cost is included, same as if you order a car for delivery to your local dealer. There is no extra charge.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Many grats on the SQ5 and your delivery plans sound great. I hope we all get to enjoy your travels vicariously with pics of the car in scenic spots. Steve
Old 06-03-2014, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2% below invoice

Originally Posted by HOiYA
How much over invoice is the ACNA 6% discount (MY2014)? A friend's brother can get me a friends & family discount ($300 over invoice). Just trying to determinein if it is worth the hassle of bothering him for that. Anyone been able to negotiate something close to or below invoice?
I believe invoice is about between 6 - 7% below MSRP. I bought a 2014 SQ5 from dealer inventory last month and was able to negotiate 2% below invoice. I started by asking about the 6% ACNA discount which they said they would match even though I was only two months into membership. I had also answered some of those internet deals which brought an out of town dealer offering me very good pricing. I used this to negotiate with my local dealer. Not sure if this would work if I was ordering a car though. The dealers are hot to unload '14 inventory right now.

Last edited by USAVAGEU; 06-03-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: additional content
Old 07-01-2014, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dave DC
i believe the code might be PPS. this is straight from AoA per my dealer:

"There will be a high-gloss black package – ETA week 36, so it’s a ways out there. There is no PPS –black optic for 3.0T."

ive kept my order with the dealer for now... week 36 is 1st week of september.
May I ask who your dealer is? The dealer I've spoken with said they had no info saying it would be available at any point in the near future. Going to talk to another this weekend.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nick3753
May I ask who your dealer is? The dealer I've spoken with said they had no info saying it would be available at any point in the near future. Going to talk to another this weekend.
Sure! Audi silver spring (md).
Old 07-03-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dave DC
Sure! Audi silver spring (md).
Another reason why I should have stayed there. Hope your fourth doesn't get washed out. Though we'd kill for a tropical storm out here in central CA where it hasn't rained in 3-4 months and has been 110 the past week.

Mind giving me the name of your SA? Feel free to PM if preferred.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck2006
Ordered a canadian 2015 Daytona Grey SQ5 today !

July/August
Have you received your sq5 yet? I'm expecting mine to arrive next week and was told it's the first 2015 SQ5 to arrive into canada....just curious.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry Chuck, just found your thread on your new sq5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deposit down! 2015 SQ5