Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by striders
Rich,

How hard it is install the hardwire power kit? There is no instruction on your website and would like to research a little bit because I am not a technical person.
Most vehicles have 1 or 2 knockouts (depending on where the AMI socket is) on the right-hand side of the glove box. As long as you can poke a wire through one of those holes, it's a 5 minute install with no modifications required. If you don't have any knock-outs or existing holes in the glove box (older car?), you need to drill a single hole.

The rest of the install is just popping off a fuse panel, plugging in the fuse tap, placing a ring terminal under a bolt (provided), and you're good to go.

I will have instructions avail once the kits ship.

-Rich H.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aboveliquidice
Will the A2dp4audi combo deal work with the iPhone 5? We have the apple lightning to 30 pin adapter already. We have a 2012 q5 with MMI 3G+ navi. Thanks
Yes.

-Rich H.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gqinxs
unfortunately it does not work...it switches to itunes only
With an unmodified cable that would be the behavior you would experience. With a custom cable, from the iOS device's perspective, all you've done is plugged in headphones, and the app/output won't switch. Works for youtube, pandora, spotify, audi book apps, anything. . .

-Rich H.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have a 2013 Q5 (no MMI) and tried to look for this knock-outs but couldn't find it.

The AMI socket is on the left side of the glove box. The right side of the glove box, I don't see anything that resembles a hole to poke through the wire.

I am just wondering if you have a 2013 Q5 and actually see where the hole is. Otherwise, I am not too keen in drilling a hole on the car.

Originally Posted by NetMagi
Most vehicles have 1 or 2 knockouts (depending on where the AMI socket is) on the right-hand side of the glove box. As long as you can poke a wire through one of those holes, it's a 5 minute install with no modifications required. If you don't have any knock-outs or existing holes in the glove box (older car?), you need to drill a single hole.

The rest of the install is just popping off a fuse panel, plugging in the fuse tap, placing a ring terminal under a bolt (provided), and you're good to go.

I will have instructions avail once the kits ship.

-Rich H.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Haven't heard back from Rich (NetMagi) about my question. Was hoping he can send some pictures or provide a bit more info before I plunk in $150 on his cable.. but oh well.. it looks like I HAVE TO DRILL A HOLE for the 2013 Q5.

For those who have iPhone 4/4S (not 5 since that needs lighting adapter) OR iPod Touch, if you connect your phone using the AMI cable that came with the car, does it CHARGE your phone or iPod Touch?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Those with iOS device, check out this thing:

http://www.viseeostore.com/products/...r-wma1000.html

Google this and you'll notice that in other forums, people have reported that it WORKS with the ORIGINAL Audi iPod cable AND POWERED - no external cable needed.

Unfortunately, only works with iOS device so far.. no Android.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks very interesting. I will want confirmation that it works and is powered on a 2G MMI system before coughing up $100, but if it works, will gladly do so. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Plasticar
Looks very interesting. I will want confirmation that it works and is powered on a 2G MMI system before coughing up $100, but if it works, will gladly do so. Thanks for the tip.
I found a youtube video with a demonstration to a 3G MMI system, but the question remains if it supports a2dp from other apps outside of the ipod playback. It would be great if they could show it working with Pandora or a GPS app.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ngpeter
I found a youtube video with a demonstration to a 3G MMI system, but the question remains if it supports a2dp from other apps outside of the ipod playback. It would be great if they could show it working with Pandora or a GPS app.
Forgot to post the youtube link:
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

According to this forum, it works - ONLY for iOS though..

Quick Reply: Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5