Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi is losing my wife to BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by togatown
That's the thing, the ticket price jumps way up and she didn't want to get the Prestige package and doesn't even want Navi this time around. The power of the BMW is definitely less but the steering felt sharper.
So yeah, $750 for sport seats and $12000 for stitching (or "only" $11150 if she would've gone for B&O anyway) since she didn't want anything else in the jump to Prestige. That's more like optioning a Porsche.

Sucks to have just missed the cutoff to have ordered a 2014 as she would've wanted it (and that S-Line just got dropped for 2015 for whatever reason and the one thing that she especially wanted wasn't moved to Sport Interior or as an individual option), but hopefully the X3 works out well for her. I see enough of them driving around, certainly, can't be too bad.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idale
So yeah, $750 for sport seats and $12000 for stitching (or "only" $11150 if she would've gone for B&O anyway) since she didn't want anything else in the jump to Prestige. That's more like optioning a Porsche.

Sucks to have just missed the cutoff to have ordered a 2014 as she would've wanted it (and that S-Line just got dropped for 2015 for whatever reason and the one thing that she especially wanted wasn't moved to Sport Interior or as an individual option), but hopefully the X3 works out well for her. I see enough of them driving around, certainly, can't be too bad.
I agree, seems to be lots of X3's around. Hopefully the M-sport look will keep her happy and if not, there's always the new Q5 coming in 2016.....
Old 07-10-2014, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A number of new 2014 TDI S-lines turned up in autotrader when I did a search. If the vehicle is still available then your dealer should be able to get it.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

...., there's always the new Q5 coming in 2016.....
That'll be that first year of production in Mexico..... I wouldn't consider that to be ideal, personally.....
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Yeah, but she wanted the S-line package including some type of contrast stitching on the seats. Had to be a little different than the stock Q5 look this time. I really wanted her to get the SQ5!
Good luck with BMW
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spijun
Good luck with BMW
It will be her first. I came from one to my last Audi and haven't looked back. tell you one thing, if it sucks, she will be out of it like **** through a goose.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

We looked at the BMWs both the X3 and X5. X5 shoots price way up. X3 felt a little smaller than the Q5 for us but I am sure it is minimal if any difference.
There were a few things that really drew us to BMW initially - like the interior and my wife also loved the contrast stitching in the X-line. But after driving both the Q5 TDI and the X3d the TDI torque is just incredible.
Finally - not that Audi is the most reliable but with BMW it is just a matter of luck in getting a good one and I personally have experienced the frustration of a new BMW that spent more time and trips in the shop than on the road with major issues (not little nagging stuff that could be ignored).
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hockeymonkey
We looked at the BMWs both the X3 and X5. X5 shoots price way up. X3 felt a little smaller than the Q5 for us but I am sure it is minimal if any difference.
There were a few things that really drew us to BMW initially - like the interior and my wife also loved the contrast stitching in the X-line. But after driving both the Q5 TDI and the X3d the TDI torque is just incredible.
Finally - not that Audi is the most reliable but with BMW it is just a matter of luck in getting a good one and I personally have experienced the frustration of a new BMW that spent more time and trips in the shop than on the road with major issues (not little nagging stuff that could be ignored).
That's our BMW experience too. In the BMW service bay every other month to fix some nagging problem. Our Audi's have been rock solid.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Consumer Reports '14 auto issue, both the X3 and Q5 were rated "Average" for Reliability from their Owner Surveys.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We chose 2015 Audi A6 over BMW 5 series mostly because we will not live without a spare tire.
Buy one, a jack and a lug wrench and put rhem in the trunk? Just takes up too much trunk space and would bounce around.

Is this any way to sell a $58,000 car?

Quick Reply: Audi is losing my wife to BMW!