Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 3.0T's Are Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 3.0T's Are Here!

Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a Cuvee Silver 3.0T Prestige with Chestnut Brown, Sport interior package, 20's, natural grain wood, and a tow hitch. It has been built and will be here in 3 weeks.

Some folks were asking about the hitch--this is a port installed option for $850 and the part has been released by Audi. Our local dealer has confirmed that the port has the part and is ready to install. Not sure how much cutting will need to be done to the bumper--but, better to have it done at the port as opposed to the dealership.

Yesterday, the dealer called to let me drive their first 3.0T. All I can tell you is WOW! Fast, linear power--easily 0-60 in 6 seconds. Engine is extremely quiet (maybe too quiet).

EPA #'s on the Mulroney sticker on the car 18/26.

Go rush to the dealership and give the 3.0T a drive.

Cheers!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the 3.0T in the US, then it should have the S-line rear bumper/valance, which in the past, has a drop out section for the factory hitch. It just clips in or out.

The non s-line body kit will need to be cut.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NCSailing
Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a Cuvee Silver 3.0T Prestige with Chestnut Brown, Sport interior package, 20's, natural grain wood, and a tow hitch. It has been built and will be here in 3 weeks.

Some folks were asking about the hitch--this is a port installed option for $850 and the part has been released by Audi. Our local dealer has confirmed that the port has the part and is ready to install. Not sure how much cutting will need to be done to the bumper--but, better to have it done at the port as opposed to the dealership.

Yesterday, the dealer called to let me drive their first 3.0T. All I can tell you is WOW! Fast, linear power--easily 0-60 in 6 seconds. Engine is extremely quiet (maybe too quiet).

Cheers!
Just to assure you - I seen BMW VPC center in Port Hueneme, CA.
They are well equipped shops to do all work around - from body work to engine replacement. Just one fact they are only one shop in west cost who authorize to work in BMW M6 engines.
You car will arrive to your dealership in perfect condition.

Congratulation on your purchase - don't forget post few pics when you get it.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NCSailing
Guys,

Cheers!
We picked up a Cuvee Silver Metallic 2013 Q5 last Saturday. Great color! The pictures in the brochure and online don't do it justice. We hadn't even considered the color until we saw it in person at the dealership and pulled the trigger on it right away. Good luck with your new car.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please post pictures!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjrdomer
Please post pictures!

+1 - pics or it's just an internet rumor and your membership will be revoked in 1.3 seconds
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
+1 - pics or it's just an internet rumor and your membership will be revoked in 1.3 seconds
Er, ah, I don't know how to post up pictures to this site.

Our sales rep also happens to be the guy who orders the inventory for the dealership. Both he and the GM said in person the color looks nothing like Audi's pics.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when u reply scroll down and click go advanced
and type your blurb, then click manage attachments and browse to your pics on your hard drive/tablet/phone....
click upload and close....
like this :

good luck !
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here's a side view. It looks a little different in bright sunlight.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when trying to order the 2013 trailer hitch for the 3.0T S-Line, I'm told I need to order a new valence. Perhaps not accurate then? It's expensive ($191 in Canada, probably $130 from US dealers)

Quick Reply: Q5 3.0T's Are Here!