Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any Issues with Pano Roof?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a 14 in august and I love it.

Would never get a q5 without one.
As a smaller car then I'm used to I
find that it really makes the inside feel
bigger.

It was cold with a lot of snow in Pa and no problems!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks everyone for the prompt response.

Our test drive with the Q5 had the pano roof and it makes a considerable difference in the driving experience. I think I will continue on with the order including the roof and go from there. ....Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jan 2013 build 2013 audi q5 2.0t...

love pano sunroof...it squeaks at times though...

my dealer said it just needs to be lubricated...we will see...

non of my passengers hear it though...i must have super sensitive hearing...
Old 05-07-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I clean the car, I open the sunroof and brush and vacuum the rails while at it. I figure it can't hurt. I also stick a finger in there to see that it feels nice and clean, and slightly greasy. Haven't had any problems with it though. I can imagine if it's used a lot (like here in California where it can be open 8-10 months of the year) sand, dust, dirt, and small debris can collect. Things that tend to be abrasive. So cleaning it out only takes about 20 seconds per side, just have to think of it while cleaning the car in general.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Build Date 9/13

No issues with ours. It is garage kept at night and it is in a parking garage during the day. My wife never opens it because she says that it is too loud.

I would not dream of having the all black interior without it. I think the extra light coming in helps from making the interior look like a cave.

A see that the 2015 F150 Screw will have a pano roof, and I am looking forward to getting one of my own.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xylar5
I would not dream of having the all black interior without it. I think the extra light coming in helps from making the interior look like a cave.
Yeah, I think the pano works great to lighten up the interior. Love the brown seats and black headliner, and with the glass roof it doesn't get too dark. Still cozy, but definitely not cave-like. I tend to leave the cover retracted all the time so the kids can see out if they want. My son would usually complain if I picked him up from daycare and hadn't already retracted the cover.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
Yeah, I think the pano works great to lighten up the interior. Love the brown seats and black headliner, and with the glass roof it doesn't get too dark. Still cozy, but definitely not cave-like. I tend to leave the cover retracted all the time so the kids can see out if they want. My son would usually complain if I picked him up from daycare and hadn't already retracted the cover.
Same comments as others; with a black interior it lightens up and doesn't make it so cave like, at the cost of a little rattling. It's a compromise I am willing to live with.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I won't know personally until tomorrow, but I've heard that the handling is greatly improved in models without the panoramic sunroof. It figures, though, with a hundred pounds gone from the roof the center of gravity would be significantly lower. My last four vehicles had a sunroof, and they all worked perfectly and never leaked...probably because they were never used. Also, Summers get hotter than holy hell here in Texas and with only that shade, too much heat and light get in IMO.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We specifically ordered ours without the sun roof (every one the dealer had was fitted with the sun roof). We have a sunroof in our BMW and pretty much never open it and it produces some wind noise so we decided that a bit of extra headroom and less heat in the summer was a plus...and it cost less.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Didn't want one at first, but the 2014 3.0T S-Line my dealer had in stock had the pano roof, so I figured why not...

Now I'm happy I have it and think I would've regretted not getting it. No problem with it until now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Issues with Pano Roof?