Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big residual
People have different tastes. Clearly OP digs the look and he's executed it well. Maybe it's not your cup of tea (or 100% mine for that matter), but it's sweet to see the effort he's put in and I bet he loves it.

And that whine is super sweet. The 22s fit in under nice, it looks lowered--KW V1?
Yes it's on kwv1s! I put a lota time into it. I'm glad other people appreciate it as well!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by USAVAGEU
Having come from the world of Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi, It's good to see somebody starting to do some mods to this awesome car. Although the blackout style is not for me, I still like the look of your car. I didn't know there were all these engine mods avalable for the SQ5.....or did you use Q5 APR parts. And the sound!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!
The kwv1s fit on q5s as well. As for the APR products, they were released about a week and a half ago for the sq5. I've actually been waiting for it, my shop told me I was the first one in mass to do all the APR mods on an SQ5. I'm glad you like it
Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I really do like it. When I had my Grand Cherokee I cought the "Modification Virus" and did pretty much every bolt on mod I could, with limited results. But with a blown engine like this, results can be impressive. It is also reassuring to know that Audi chose to beef up the crankshaft as well as the block for thee SQ5, almost as if in anticipation of mods such as yours.
Regarding the 450 HP...Is that number calculated, estimated, or was the car run on a dyno?
You are an inspiration sir! Thanks for daring to go over the line!

Originally Posted by Tsang93
The kwv1s fit on q5s as well. As for the APR products, they were released about a week and a half ago for the sq5. I've actually been waiting for it, my shop told me I was the first one in mass to do all the APR mods on an SQ5. I'm glad you like it
Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by USAVAGEU
Yes I really do like it. When I had my Grand Cherokee I cought the "Modification Virus" and did pretty much every bolt on mod I could, with limited results. But with a blown engine like this, results can be impressive. It is also reassuring to know that Audi chose to beef up the crankshaft as well as the block for thee SQ5, almost as if in anticipation of mods such as yours.
Regarding the 450 HP...Is that number calculated, estimated, or was the car run on a dyno?
You are an inspiration sir! Thanks for daring to go over the line!
Yeah it's an addiction haha. I'm glad you enjoy it. As far as the 440 hp goes. Aprs numbers and graphs show that with the pulley and stage2 tune it runs on average 420'hp over multiple runs. And they claim stage 2 intake gives it an extra 15+ hp. So I'm going by APRs numbers. I'm going to take it to a dyno next month to see the results
Old 07-22-2014, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in milton/Randolph area on rt 28. Malden is about 20 min away from me
im in the braintree area! ive never seen your car around.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
im in the braintree area! ive never seen your car around.
Im in Braintree maybe a couple times a week either at SSP or to eat. Are you part of massvag on Facebook? They host audi vw car meets every Thursday in Woburn that I go to. Also there is the volkshore meets at UNOs/Dave and busters at the mall I may go to on Wednesday. Would love to see your sleeper q5
Old 07-22-2014, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im in Braintree maybe a couple times a week either at SSP or to eat. Are you part of massvag on Facebook? They host audi vw car meets every Thursday in Woburn that I go to. Also there is the volkshore meets at UNOs/Dave and busters at the mall I may go to on Wednesday. Would love to see your sleeper q5
nope not part of the massvag. i use to go to alot of the meets but got tired of getting kicked out by kids who rev the crap out of their engine to show off. your car will make my car look bad lol
Old 07-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
nope not part of the massvag. i use to go to alot of the meets but got tired of getting kicked out by kids who rev the crap out of their engine to show off. your car will make my car look bad lol
I hear ya. But massvag meets aren't like that. It's a mid size meet with a bunch of good guys. I wouldn't have stuck around of kids were around revving and doing burnouts. Check out

Thursday Night Woburn Mall Meets - Massachusetts Volkswagen & Audi Group | Massachusetts Volkswagen & Audi Group

If you're interested swing by! And this goes out to all other enthusiasts too
Old 07-22-2014, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a dream.. that my warranty will end up making a nightmare out of...
Old 07-22-2014, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you sure you want to put downpipes on the car? lol.

Quick Reply: 440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5