Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 orders - tracking thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain
Hi Everyone -
Placed my order on Friday 29 March.
Info from my dealer:
Order Status: Factory order bank
Scheduled production week: 4/22/2013
Estimated ship load: 5/3/2013
Estimated port arrival: 5/20/2013
Estimated dealer arrival: 6/17/2013

2013 Q5 2.0TFSI US
Ice Silver - Prem Plus - Sport Interior - Hitch - Rear Air - No Nav
Hi Everyone ! Good News / Bad News.... I've CANCELLED my order.... and just placed a new order for the same car, but a 2014! Still waiting for production dates from my dealer.

It was a hard decision.... but the Advanced Key is now "free" in 2014 with the P+, *and* I've always wanted the Audi Side Assist (blind spot warning), which is now an option in 2014 P+ even with the 2.0. I've read the Pros & Cons thread about Side Assist, but still want it. (My real dream is the adaptive cruise, but that is still only an option on the 3.0 Prestige... maybe next time.)

It is worrisome signing a contract on a car without knowing the price, BUT my deal is different than most people. We get the Loyalty and Strategic Supplier discounts, and they are really based on MSRP. The dealer has waived their "doc fee", so my "out the door" price is an easy calculation from MSRP.

The only open issue is the cost of the Side Assist, but I see on the A7 that the Side Assist + Folding Mirrors + PreSense is a $500 option, so I am hoping that the Side Assist only in the Q5 will be $200-$350.

More news as it comes....
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just placed an order tonight, or rather changed a car that was about to go into production.

2013 3.0T
Monsoon / Chestnut
Navi
All Weather Matts

MSRP less 6% Supplier Discount

Side Assist and Volcano Red for 2014 were very tempting, but I just don't want to wait for a fall delivery
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wahoo! Finally got the details on my order:

Order entry 3/20
Marked sold 3/28
Vehicle assigned 3/20
Release to manufacture 3/28
Release for production TBD
Factory inspect TBD
Departure port arrived TBD
Ship loaded 5/20
Port arrive ETA 6/5
Release to carrier ETA 6/11
Dealer delivery ETA week of 6/17

Actual production week: 19/2013 5/6/2013

Here's to hoping it's early! We go out of town on the 23rd, think they will leave it wrapped until we get back if there are delays on delivery? Wanna protect that new paint as long as we can, and then it's going straight to clear bra.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats BlackAce !

I ordered 3/13, and the only info I have so far is : "next update 4/30/13.

Hope my dealer was correct about the allocation!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered at the end of February. Shipping this week, with delivery at the end of May.

I just saw the new posts about the 2014's being ordered now for a July delivery. When I was shopping I specifically asked about the availability of the 2014's and was told they would not be available until October.

If the July arrival date is accurate I definitely would have waited. What are the pros and con's about a 2013 vs. 2014 - given similarly equipped cars. I assume the 3013 is a little bit cheaper; the 2014 will have better resale, and so on.

I probably can't get out of the 2013 deal. Do any of you guys getting a 2013 in June care that the 2014's might be available in July? I'm just curious.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tom L
I ordered at the end of February. Shipping this week, with delivery at the end of May.

I just saw the new posts about the 2014's being ordered now for a July delivery. When I was shopping I specifically asked about the availability of the 2014's and was told they would not be available until October.

If the July arrival date is accurate I definitely would have waited. What are the pros and con's about a 2013 vs. 2014 - given similarly equipped cars. I assume the 3013 is a little bit cheaper; the 2014 will have better resale, and so on.

I probably can't get out of the 2013 deal. Do any of you guys getting a 2013 in June care that the 2014's might be available in July? I'm just curious.
According to my dealer, the July delivery date is accurate. They are allocated 25 Q5's for then. When I ordered mine on Friday, the sales manager said he would slot my order as one of those they will receive per Audi of America.
As far as resale, yes the 14's will return a little more. There are only minor changes ie, gloss black trim package, matte black roof rails, and some additional exterior body paint colors.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What are the pros and con's about a 2013 vs. 2014 - given similarly equipped cars?
For 2014, the Premium Plus now has the Advanced Key included, and offers Side Assist as an orderable option. Also, the 2.0 TFSI now makes 220 HP, versus the 211 HP for the 2013.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess if it really bothers you, you can always ask if your dealer will switch you to a 2014 order. Some dealers (believe it or don't...) are actually reasonable, and as long as you haven't ordered a really unusual/unsellable combo, there's chance they may use your original car as stock. When my car came in, the dealer received 13 other Q5s, all pre-sold, and they still had no stock...

To your question, I received mine in early April after a January order, and waiting until July was not gonna happen. By my reasoning, by not waiting I'll have 4 more months of enjoyment and be 4 months closer to my next car!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rtlm
Did anyone happen to download the VW Logistics ship schedule (from http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf) showing boats before African Highway? The last port-arrival date (for Port of Houston) I saw for my car was May 3, but I can't figure out the name of the ship from the current PDF since everything on there looks to be later arrivals. For reference, I'm trying to use the info from this old thread:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f...y-thread-7134/

Thanks!

RTIM, did you happen to find an older sched? My 3.0 was loaded on 4/13 after originally supposed to be loaded 3/27. Showing ETA to San Diego 5/10, no boat on that schedule applies, I'd also love to find the prior sched.

Or better yet, is anyone else expecting an arrival in SD in the next couple of weeks and already tracking a boat? Help a brotha out.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Socal7
RTIM, did you happen to find an older sched? My 3.0 was loaded on 4/13 after originally supposed to be loaded 3/27. Showing ETA to San Diego 5/10, no boat on that schedule applies, I'd also love to find the prior sched.

Or better yet, is anyone else expecting an arrival in SD in the next couple of weeks and already tracking a boat? Help a brotha out.
No, I never found an older schedule. I'm guessing, based on timing, that my car is on the Marina Ace, due into Houston on May 1. Looking at the Port of San Diego schedule here:

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

And deducing that most of the VW-hired boats heading to SD are /something/ Leader, you can sort-of guess which yours will be on. The Pleiades Leader is due on May 8, but according to http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=1770905 it left Emden on 4/11, so if you're sure you weren't loaded until the 13th your car can't be on that one. Next guess would be Delphinus Leader, due 5/20, but that isn't supposed to leave Emden until 4/29. Everything in-between those two on the Port of San Diego schedule is either not a vehicle carrier, or doing laps in the Pacific.

Might be worth getting your dealer to contact Audi Distribution to see if they can tell you what boat it's actually on. I didn't bother, because I kind of like the sleuthing. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2013 Q5 orders - tracking thread