Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance

--

See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?

Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?

I had initially though that I would get the Premium with heated seats, but now I am thinking that I may have buyers remorse with a base Q5.

Is the premium plus worth the extra cost? One of my dealers said that they can get heated steering at their dealership, has anyone been able to do it and does it work.

What would you guys suggest, go for a premium plus instead, not getting the MMI Nav because I like to use my iPhone for that.

Anything else to keep in mind, thinking of brown interior.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let's flip it back to you... is there any option that you'd like to have within the premium plus package?

I have a '13 premium plus package with nav. I personally like the package since it has the auto dimming rearview mirrors, push button liftgate, and the cool LED front lights. I think the panoramic roof is pretty cool- It lightens the interior and my son loves looking up at the sky.

I have the NAV and I rarely use it. I rarely go to a location without knowing how to get there. When I do go somewhere unfamiliar then I will use Waze app on my iphone, which gives real time traffic feedback from other users. Plus, it lists cop locations! If I had to choose, then I'd forgo the NAV if you don't expect to use it.

What's the cost difference?

Last edited by mrrun2fast; 02-21-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Premium plus extras....
For $4000...
HID headlights with signature Audi LED Daytime Running lights.
Panoramic Sunroof
Heated front seats
(Above options alone are $2700 on a Premium model.)
Power tailgate (Not sure of the option price on this one but I could see it being $800+.)
Advanced key (Used to be a $500 option on older models.)

I'm sure there are a couple other things standard on the Premium Plus but it mainly opens the option gate to a few other really nice options like the $500 sports interior option.(Worth it for the seats alone.) and the $850 B&O option.

It's is truly a personal choice though. The engine, transmission and safety features are the same and most likely the most important.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Heated steering in Q5

Forget about it, because it is impossible on platform A4, A5, Q5
Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok sounds like premium plus is the way to go.
Another dealer said that heated steering wheel is not possible, I am not sure of the previous dealer lied or a lot of dealers don't know if this can be done.

Also, how long does it take for a factory order? One of the dealers suggested to factory order as they don't have any in stock. Does Audi purposely make the supply less so to have a greater demand and have leverage over people.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
Another dealer said that heated steering wheel is not possible, I am not sure of the previous dealer lied or a lot of dealers don't know if this can be done.

Also, how long does it take for a factory order? One of the dealers suggested to factory order as they don't have any in stock. Does Audi purposely make the supply less so to have a greater demand and have leverage over people.
Q7 comes with heated steering wheel. I think SQ5 does too. not 100% sure.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369

SVM (Software Versions Management) for platform A4, A5, Q5 with a heated steering wheel not exist
It is impossible to connect with software car and HVAC

Not exist hardware and software for heated steering wheel (A4, A5, Q5)

Good luck with your dealer and heated steering wheel

Last edited by spijun; 02-21-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Only you can decide how much you want to spend. An option is only worth it if you think you will like it or use it.

As far as supply, depends on where you live. Here in Southern California, most dealers have a few dozen on their lot. According to Audi's most recent numbers, the average days of supply on the Q5 is around 28 days. That means that most dealers turn over their inventory about once a month.

When dealers order a "spec" car, they pick out what they think are the most popular options and price points. That might be why it is hard for you to find a car that has more than what you may want. You can order direct from the factory, but it is likely that you won't get as good a deal (dealer's want to move what is on their floor - so if a car has been sitting a while, they are more likely to make a better deal on it). So everything is a trade off. Pay a little more for a car that has exactly what you want (and wait 4-5 months), or get something available at a better price, but may be more car than you originally wanted.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad Andy
Only you can decide how much you want to spend. An option is only worth it if you think you will like it or use it.

As far as supply, depends on where you live. Here in Southern California, most dealers have a few dozen on their lot. According to Audi's most recent numbers, the average days of supply on the Q5 is around 28 days. That means that most dealers turn over their inventory about once a month.

When dealers order a "spec" car, they pick out what they think are the most popular options and price points. That might be why it is hard for you to find a car that has more than what you may want. You can order direct from the factory, but it is likely that you won't get as good a deal (dealer's want to move what is on their floor - so if a car has been sitting a while, they are more likely to make a better deal on it). So everything is a trade off. Pay a little more for a car that has exactly what you want (and wait 4-5 months), or get something available at a better price, but may be more car than you originally wanted.
Nice summary of the "which should I get" question.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well i appreciate all of your comments. I am in the Mid-Atlantic area, one dealer said that they don't have the combo, but may be able to find one.

This is a lease question MF - .00150 and residual of 57% sound right? add one percent if combiner with Audi care.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?