Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 273462

Default 2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?

I had initially though that I would get the Premium with heated seats, but now I am thinking that I may have buyers remorse with a base Q5.

Is the premium plus worth the extra cost? One of my dealers said that they can get heated steering at their dealership, has anyone been able to do it and does it work.

What would you guys suggest, go for a premium plus instead, not getting the MMI Nav because I like to use my iPhone for that.

Anything else to keep in mind, thinking of brown interior.
sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 243405

Let's flip it back to you... is there any option that you'd like to have within the premium plus package?

I have a '13 premium plus package with nav. I personally like the package since it has the auto dimming rearview mirrors, push button liftgate, and the cool LED front lights. I think the panoramic roof is pretty cool- It lightens the interior and my son loves looking up at the sky.

I have the NAV and I rarely use it. I rarely go to a location without knowing how to get there. When I do go somewhere unfamiliar then I will use Waze app on my iphone, which gives real time traffic feedback from other users. Plus, it lists cop locations! If I had to choose, then I'd forgo the NAV if you don't expect to use it.

What's the cost difference?

Last edited by mrrun2fast; 02-21-2014 at 07:22 AM.
mrrun2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
gk1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14154

Premium plus extras....
For $4000...
HID headlights with signature Audi LED Daytime Running lights.
Panoramic Sunroof
Heated front seats
(Above options alone are $2700 on a Premium model.)
Power tailgate (Not sure of the option price on this one but I could see it being $800+.)
Advanced key (Used to be a $500 option on older models.)

I'm sure there are a couple other things standard on the Premium Plus but it mainly opens the option gate to a few other really nice options like the $500 sports interior option.(Worth it for the seats alone.) and the $850 B&O option.

It's is truly a personal choice though. The engine, transmission and safety features are the same and most likely the most important.

2012 S4 S-Tronic Monsoon Gray
Black Alcantara®, Carbon, Adv.Key, B&O, Sport Diff, NAV, 19's
Eurocode Alu Kreuz, APR Stage II, Eurocode TRUFit, Apikol + 034 mounts

2014 SQ5 Glacier White
Black Nappa, Carbon, B&O, NAV, 21's

Past:
2008 A6 3.2Q S-Line Daytona Gray
2007 A4 2.0T S-Line Ice Silver
2001 S4 Nogaro Blue
gk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184703

Heated steering in Q5

Forget about it, because it is impossible on platform A4, A5, Q5

Excuse me for my English
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok sounds like premium plus is the way to go.
Another dealer said that heated steering wheel is not possible, I am not sure of the previous dealer lied or a lot of dealers don't know if this can be done.

Also, how long does it take for a factory order? One of the dealers suggested to factory order as they don't have any in stock. Does Audi purposely make the supply less so to have a greater demand and have leverage over people.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 235141

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Another dealer said that heated steering wheel is not possible, I am not sure of the previous dealer lied or a lot of dealers don't know if this can be done.

Also, how long does it take for a factory order? One of the dealers suggested to factory order as they don't have any in stock. Does Audi purposely make the supply less so to have a greater demand and have leverage over people.
Q7 comes with heated steering wheel. I think SQ5 does too. not 100% sure.
AudiQ5sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184703

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post

SVM (Software Versions Management) for platform A4, A5, Q5 with a heated steering wheel not exist
It is impossible to connect with software car and HVAC

Not exist hardware and software for heated steering wheel (A4, A5, Q5)

Good luck with your dealer and heated steering wheel

Excuse me for my English

Last edited by spijun; 02-21-2014 at 12:08 PM.
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 174648

Only you can decide how much you want to spend. An option is only worth it if you think you will like it or use it.

As far as supply, depends on where you live. Here in Southern California, most dealers have a few dozen on their lot. According to Audi's most recent numbers, the average days of supply on the Q5 is around 28 days. That means that most dealers turn over their inventory about once a month.

When dealers order a "spec" car, they pick out what they think are the most popular options and price points. That might be why it is hard for you to find a car that has more than what you may want. You can order direct from the factory, but it is likely that you won't get as good a deal (dealer's want to move what is on their floor - so if a car has been sitting a while, they are more likely to make a better deal on it). So everything is a trade off. Pay a little more for a car that has exactly what you want (and wait 4-5 months), or get something available at a better price, but may be more car than you originally wanted.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 247171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Andy View Post
Only you can decide how much you want to spend. An option is only worth it if you think you will like it or use it.

As far as supply, depends on where you live. Here in Southern California, most dealers have a few dozen on their lot. According to Audi's most recent numbers, the average days of supply on the Q5 is around 28 days. That means that most dealers turn over their inventory about once a month.

When dealers order a "spec" car, they pick out what they think are the most popular options and price points. That might be why it is hard for you to find a car that has more than what you may want. You can order direct from the factory, but it is likely that you won't get as good a deal (dealer's want to move what is on their floor - so if a car has been sitting a while, they are more likely to make a better deal on it). So everything is a trade off. Pay a little more for a car that has exactly what you want (and wait 4-5 months), or get something available at a better price, but may be more car than you originally wanted.
Nice summary of the "which should I get" question.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member

Well i appreciate all of your comments. I am in the Mid-Atlantic area, one dealer said that they don't have the combo, but may be able to find one.

This is a lease question MF - .00150 and residual of 57% sound right? add one percent if combiner with Audi care.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a6, audi, premium