Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi MMI -Post complimentary T-Mobile subscription world....

Old 09-09-2013, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi MMI -Post complimentary T-Mobile subscription world....

Hi there
Just wanted to say that after the end of the 6 month complimentary T-mobile subscription, I switched over to Truphone. com (http://www.truphone.com/US/My-Account/My-Account/) Their SIM card works with T-Mobile ie I get 3G speeds and it is a pay as you use system.
I use it primarily for searching online destinations ..ie The Google search rocks..! I turn off the wi-fi option so that the kids do not accidentally rack up charges on my bill. So far after a month , the product works as advertised.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

You might want to leave the Google Earth off as well - it's a data hog. If you leave your area (about a 15-20 mile radius), the cache is overwritten and the Earth overlay data will keep downloading. There have been reports of large Google Earth usage with the pay-as-you-go plans like Truphone and P-Tel, well exceeding the effective $15 per month of the T-Mobile/Audi Connect 30 month, $450 subscription.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the cost of T-Mobile after the 6 month trial?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
What is the cost of T-Mobile after the 6 month trial?
If you renew for 30 months it's $450 ($15/mo.). The rates are higher for shorter term renewals but I don't have them handy.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
If you renew for 30 months it's $450 ($15/mo.). The rates are higher for shorter term renewals but I don't have them handy.
Awesome, thanks!!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toward the end of the 6 month trial period, does T-Mobile contact you for the continuance or does the service just expire and vaporize from your Nav?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Toward the end of the 6 month trial period, does T-Mobile contact you for the continuance or does the service just expire and vaporize from your Nav?
Good question. I renewed before expiration so I'm not sure what happens. You should have a T Mobile account were you can see your expiration date, renewal rates etc. I viewed mine thru Audi.com.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Good question. I renewed before expiration so I'm not sure what happens. You should have a T Mobile account were you can see your expiration date, renewal rates etc. I viewed mine thru Audi.com.
Adui started sending my letters and emails already. I have less then 30 days left.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default As in, like with Sirius do the deals seem any better as the clock runs?

Good question on the Connect side for anyone who has let the whole sales/pricing/deals (if any) play out.

Meanwhile watching another subscription model that has been around longer, Sirius and AudiUSA can't get their act together on the turn-on date for Euro delivery cars. That has given me better visibility with that service, It's supposed to be enabled only after the car gets here given the sat placement and territories, but it gets arbitrarily supposedly enabled a seemingly random number of days after the car was built and just sitting in Ingolstadt. Thus while my Q5 still isn't back here in the USA yet, my 90 days on Sirius have already "expired" in their world.

I need to make a phone call when it gets here to reset the 90 days, but meanwhile I have gotten to see their whole spam ad/sign up pitch playbook from start to what is in the month following supposed lapse/expiration date. Sure enough, with Sirius the deals seem to get better as the service expires, and thus far seem to have "peaked" marginally after the supposed initial expiration. I've put them all aside to look at later to figure out the optimum point to sign up--potentially after letting it first nominally lapse--if I decide I even want it again.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 09-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Initially the $15/mo. offer from T Mobile was only good if renewed by something like 10 days after purchase. Shortly afterwards they began to offer the $15/mo. for 30 months as the ongoing price.

My guess is that not many people were renewing at the old higher rate if they missed that 10 day window.

Last edited by Q5 Bob; 09-10-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi MMI -Post complimentary T-Mobile subscription world....