Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Q3 Considerations and Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q3 Considerations and Reliability?

Hello everyone! Mods, please feel free to delete if not ok.

First post! and happy to be here to learn. All of a sudden I'm interested on Audi especially the Q3 since it's just my wife and me with no kids. Been reading on the forum about "sunroof leaks" and a class action lawsuit now I'm puzzled. I'm coming from Mazda and currently own a 21 CX-5 GTR and somewhat pleased with the car. I'm considering this vehicle for a long term ownership (5 yrs'ish) Should I pull the trigger with a Q3? What are the issues I should be on the lookout for? Is still the hood leak an issue on new models?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

If you’re looking at a 2024 the issues are limited and the car has decent reliability. It’s not a Honda or Toyota but more exciting to drive as compared to those makes.
The following users liked this post:
Relaxd (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Had my Q3 for 4 years (bought new March 2020). Loved it. Very very few issues and those were Easily solved by the dealer. Wanted to downsize so just traded it for 2024 A3 Premium Plus which I’m loving.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tccox
just traded it for 2024 A3 Premium Plus which I’m loving.
Man we loved the A6 Allroad but the price (plus markups if any) is discouraging. So far I'm in love with the sleek design and cabin simplicity which at times has a mazda like appearance. Is there any engine in particular to look out for? I'm considering the Premium Plus but what is it about the 40 and 45..??
Old 02-13-2024, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Relaxd
Man we loved the A6 Allroad but the price (plus markups if any) is discouraging. So far I'm in love with the sleek design and cabin simplicity which at times has a mazda like appearance. Is there any engine in particular to look out for? I'm considering the Premium Plus but what is it about the 40 and 45..??
you need to get the 45 in my opinion. The 40 is underpowered
Relaxd (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
get the 45 in my opinion. The 40 is underpowered
Yep! That's what I thought. I'll start diggin here in new england to see what are the options.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Relaxd
Yep! That's what I thought. I'll start diggin here in new england to see what are the options.
I’m should have added a few considerations. Homelink is not included as standard. I believe it’s included with a package. Just be aware of that. The premium plus is the highest package level. It has most of what people generally need.
Relaxd (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default More Power for 2025

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
you need to get the 45 in my opinion. The 40 is underpowered
If you’re looking for even more power, perhaps consider the redesigned 2025 Q3 plugin or Mild Hybrid rumored to be available later in 2024. I currently lease a 2023 Q5 plug-in which provides a combined 367 or so hp. Not sure that the updated Q3 will have this much hp, but should have much more than the 228 currently available on the 45 plus it can be driven in EV mode for around the town driving. Maybe considering it for myself when my lease ends as I want a smaller and easier to drive vehicle; a pure EV may not be an option due to lack of public EV charging stations especially down here in Florida.
Relaxd (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

Out of curiosity. Why the Q3 and not the A3 if it's just the two of you? While the A3 is overall smaller, it has over an inch more front leg room. It's a bit down on power, but also 500 lbs lighter. I get the practicality of a hatch vs a trunk and the additional cargo volume, but SUVs have become the prime target for break ins, because you can't really conceal anything. If you close the cargo cover, the thieves assume you are hiding something valuable underneath. The increased ground clearance also makes them prime targets for gas thefts, which has spiked in my area at least. Thieves have ample room to crawl underneath to drill a hole in the tank. My theory is that car break-ins, gas and catalytic converter thefts have at least partly spiked in recent years due to the popularity of SUVs and Crossovers. They are easy targets. Just some food for thought.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Out of curiosity. Why the Q3 and not the A3 if it's just the two of you? While the A3 is overall smaller, it has over an inch more front leg room. It's a bit down on power, but also 500 lbs lighter. I get the practicality of a hatch vs a trunk and the additional cargo volume, but SUVs have become the prime target for break ins, because you can't really conceal anything. If you close the cargo cover, the thieves assume you are hiding something valuable underneath. The increased ground clearance also makes them prime targets for gas thefts, which has spiked in my area at least. Thieves have ample room to crawl underneath to drill a hole in the tank. My theory is that car break-ins, gas and catalytic converter thefts have at least partly spiked in recent years due to the popularity of SUVs and Crossovers. They are easy targets. Just some food for thought.
I hear you on this..!! But here in New England a high ground clearance vehicle along with decent winter tires is the way to go. ...and forget about winter time in NY, NH or ME the area I commute the most so is something I consider. I also had a sedan (not audi) so I'd appreciate the cargo space. No homelink..!?! well that's a bummer but not a big deal. I'd be worried about a leaky roof than anything else considering the pricetag. The Mazda trim I currently own has everything but 360 camera.

Quick Reply: Q3 Considerations and Reliability?