Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Q3 Availability date in US?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q3 Availability date in US?

So when do they expect to start delivery on Q3 here in US and in particular here in WA?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Local dealer informed me to expect the Q3 for MY2015.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by petethecanuck
Local dealer informed me to expect the Q3 for MY2015.
I asked my dealer in Downtown Los Angeles and he said he never heard of it and had a puzzled look.

I think he knew but didn't want to tell me because I was looking at the Q5...

Geez. How slimy is that /??
Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He may be correct.

There was an initial plan to bring the Q3 in 2013, but the Q5 sales is quite strong and is at a higher profit margin. To bring the Q3 in would be to cannibalize at the Q5 market.

Audi also stopped bringing in the Audi A4 Wagon to give way to the Q5 and Allroad. Well, only a few people are really buying the allroad because it's more expensive than the Q5 and it's mostly a cosmetic upgrade from the A4 wagon.

Audi already brought in the Q3 in most Asian countries, but holding off in the US for the above reasons. They think Americans are still going after bigger spaced SUVs than small SAVs.

Originally Posted by 4SallyPat
I asked my dealer in Downtown Los Angeles and he said he never heard of it and had a puzzled look.

I think he knew but didn't want to tell me because I was looking at the Q5...

Geez. How slimy is that /??
Old 09-27-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ayap
He may be correct.

There was an initial plan to bring the Q3 in 2013, but the Q5 sales is quite strong and is at a higher profit margin. To bring the Q3 in would be to cannibalize at the Q5 market.

Audi also stopped bringing in the Audi A4 Wagon to give way to the Q5 and Allroad. Well, only a few people are really buying the allroad because it's more expensive than the Q5 and it's mostly a cosmetic upgrade from the A4 wagon.

Audi already brought in the Q3 in most Asian countries, but holding off in the US for the above reasons. They think Americans are still going after bigger spaced SUVs than small SAVs.

Well someone needs to tell Audi to get that Q3 over here because I for one am waiting to purchase one...since they took away my A3 hatchback
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well I checked in June and the dealer confirmed that Q3 would be available for sale in spring 2014 in Canada! Should we get it before USA? I don't think.
We will see in few months.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ayap
He may be correct.

Audi seems to think that if US buyers can't get the Q3, they'll be content to step up to the Q5 or allroad. They're wrong. Some buyers prefer something smaller and more nimble, or simply less expensive. Tired of waiting for the Q3 and disgusted that they A3 hatch is being eliminated from the US lineup, I took my business elsewhere. The Q3 may somewhat cannibalize Q5 sales, but isn't that better than sending them to the BMW dealership? Any good sales/marketing professional knows that the cost and effort required to keep an existing customer is a fraction of the costs incurred trying to win them back.

And don't get me started on the allroad fiasco ... a $3,000 price increase for a little bling, a suspension lift and fender flares is ludicrous. It's a good car, but it's simply overpriced. I know they say it's returning for the next generation, but I'm not convinced. My dealer can't sell them, and I've only seen a few on the road. With the Q5 being less expensive and arguably better looking, how can that be a surprise?

Originally Posted by trackvs2wheels
Well someone needs to tell Audi to get that Q3 over here because I for one am waiting to purchase one...since they took away my A3 hatchback
I love the A3, and I'm still baffled that a company can go from selling a model as a hatchback only, to selling it as a sedan only. All those A3 customers that bought the car for its utility now have to look elsewhere. I know the hatch is suppose to be eventually come in etron guise, but at what cost, and how much utility will be lost to make room for the batteries? I think the A3 should most definitely be offered as a sedan, but they should have continued to offer the hatch as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Audi seems to think that if US buyers can't get the Q3, they'll be content to step up to the Q5 or allroad. They're wrong. Some buyers prefer something smaller and more nimble, or simply less expensive. Tired of waiting for the Q3 and disgusted that they A3 hatch is being eliminated from the US lineup, I took my business elsewhere. The Q3 may somewhat cannibalize Q5 sales, but isn't that better than sending them to the BMW dealership? Any good sales/marketing professional knows that the cost and effort required to keep an existing customer is a fraction of the costs incurred trying to win them back.

And don't get me started on the allroad fiasco ... a $3,000 price increase for a little bling, a suspension lift and fender flares is ludicrous. It's a good car, but it's simply overpriced. I know they say it's returning for the next generation, but I'm not convinced. My dealer can't sell them, and I've only seen a few on the road. With the Q5 being less expensive and arguably better looking, how can that be a surprise?

I love the A3, and I'm still baffled that a company can go from selling a model as a hatchback only, to selling it as a sedan only. All those A3 customers that bought the car for its utility now have to look elsewhere. I know the hatch is suppose to be eventually come in etron guise, but at what cost, and how much utility will be lost to make room for the batteries? I think the A3 should most definitely be offered as a sedan, but they should have continued to offer the hatch as well.
I totally agree man...I am currently looking elsewhere to find a sport inspired hatchback equivalent to my current A3 as it seems Audi has removed the car I love from their lineup. Might wait for the Q3 to get here...but might have to jump ship as well. Only good thing for them is that a sport inspired hatchback is hard to find in any other brand too
Old 10-07-2013, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trackvs2wheels
I totally agree man...I am currently looking elsewhere to find a sport inspired hatchback equivalent to my current A3 as it seems Audi has removed the car I love from their lineup. Might wait for the Q3 to get here...but might have to jump ship as well. Only good thing for them is that a sport inspired hatchback is hard to find in any other brand too
I hear ya. I went with the X1, which despite the crossover nomenclature is basically a slightly lifted hatch. It's OK, but nothing more. I expected to like it more than I do. I'm afraid the new GTI will be just a tad small for my needs. I will be taking a close look at the Volvo V60 when it arrives early next year. I'm also anxiously awaiting the Sportwagen Alltrack, but according to the reports I've read that's still more than a year away. The GLA and the Infiniti built on the same platform sound like interesting options as well. The Q3 has been out for a while in Europe, and yet it looks like it will be last to the US market. Simply baffling.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this article: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-launch-report is true, I expect we'll be waiting until 2015...

Quick Reply: Q3 Availability date in US?