Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

No Key User for 2020 Q3s

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Key User for 2020 Q3s

After taking delivery of a 2020 Q3, I spent a bunch of hours trying to get the Key User and MyAudi app remote services to work. Talking to Audi Connect support this morning, I was told that there are no such services available for the 2020 Q3. The rep told me that dealerships were misinformed by Audi trainers and this is now being corrected. So, to reiterate, Audi Connect is available for the 2020 Q3, Key User functions are NOT available.

I hope this saves someone some time and frustration!
Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Many of us have discussion about the Audiconnect app already. It totally useless for new Q3
The following users liked this post:
anon398 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Key User

Greatly appreciate your post - about one day too late, though! Went through the rather complex verification process with my dealer's input and received a verification email from My Audi instructing me how to set up key user in the car. Searched for the Audi Connect menu item in the MMI as referenced in the email - obviously to no avail. Finally called Audi Connect to be advised that "key user" does not exist for the 2020 Q3!

Would have been nice if either the dealer, or My Audi, could have imparted this info to me at an earlier point in time!

LIY

fjdisanzo (12-11-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The dealers were misinformed by their trainers, according to Audi Connect support. Here's the weird thing, though: I was able to create a Key User. I was listed as the primary user in the Audi App. However, when I tried to create a new user I got an error. The salesman, in an effort to get the app connected to the car, had me Resign as Primary User. Resigning also generated an error. Then, after that, all traces of user management and key user, etc etc, disappeared from both app and MMI.

Gosh, it sounds to me as if they could bring this functionality to Q3 if they wanted to. Initially I was totally indifferent to it, and only pursued it because it was a problem to be solved!
Old 12-10-2019, 03:42 PM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Default Key User

Originally Posted by anon398
The dealers were misinformed by their trainers, according to Audi Connect support. Here's the weird thing, though: I was able to create a Key User. I was listed as the primary user in the Audi App. However, when I tried to create a new user I got an error. The salesman, in an effort to get the app connected to the car, had me Resign as Primary User. Resigning also generated an error. Then, after that, all traces of user management and key user, etc etc, disappeared from both app and MMI.

Gosh, it sounds to me as if they could bring this functionality to Q3 if they wanted to. Initially I was totally indifferent to it, and only pursued it because it was a problem to be solved!
Certainly appears that they could have! Of course, they could have added seat memory to the list of options for this vehicle, as well - but I perceive a conscious, well-planned, corporate decision to withhold these amenities in order to prod the consumer to upgrade. Certainly not a deal breaker, but definitely handled in a very shabby manner!

LIY

fjdisanzo (12-11-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by LIY
Certainly appears that they could have! Of course, they could have added seat memory to the list of options for this vehicle, as well - but I perceive a conscious, well-planned, corporate decision to withhold these amenities in order to prod the consumer to upgrade. Certainly not a deal breaker, but definitely handled in a very shabby manner!

LIY
as for me, I like the Q3 because it is smaller than the other Audi suvs. Thus, buying a bigger car with more features would still, in a way, be a downgrade. ;-)
Old 12-10-2019, 05:08 PM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Default Key User

And that's why I bought my first Q3 in 2016. Just retired, living in a small town, didn't need another A6 - Q5, etc.

Just noticed a couple of other oddities with regard to this new Q3 - first Audi I've ever had (and I've had seven) that has no Audi insignia, engine logo, etc, under the hood, affixed to the engine COVER, and there is no storage bin, or other usable container, under the passenger side front seat. Uncertain what to make of either of these omissions.

LIY

Old 12-10-2019, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

If you have a Q3 with Nav, it gets the Google online search, satellite map, Alexa Integration, wireless Carplay, the ability to send destinations to the car, etc. However, it is missing the SOS button so it is likely also missing the geo fencing features and I guess lock and unlock as well.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 PM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
If you have a Q3 with Nav, it gets the Google online search, satellite map, Alexa Integration, wireless Carplay, the ability to send destinations to the car, etc. However, it is missing the SOS button so it is likely also missing the geo fencing features and I guess lock and unlock as well.
I will confirm that Alexa Integration does work well! After a little research and just a few minutes, I was able to set this up through the "User" tab in the MMI - entering the Myaudi login, then using the generated QR code to get to the Amazon Alexa site, there entering my Alexa login. (I had previously set up wireless Apple Carplay, but was disappointed with the Amazon Music app as it functioned through Carplay - essentially no search function). This access to Alexa solves that problem.

LIY
Old 12-11-2019, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. I am in the same boat. Was told it had remote start when they meant keyless, which Audi has had for years.

Quick Reply: No Key User for 2020 Q3s