Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2023 Q3 S-Line 45

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 Q3 S-Line 45

Hoping someone can help me out, Is it possible to re calibrate the lane departure warning system? I first started having trouble after the OTA update on 3/30/2024...It started not recognizing road signs, then send the function is unavailable in my country, I haven't moved from the US so I know this is incorrect.. Then the Lane departure system stopped working. and lastly, or most recent the high beam assist no longer works I can push the stalk forward and it still shows the AUTO but will not turn on the hi beam, if I push it forward a second time the hi beam activates but then shuts off the AUTO. It's like the windshield mounted camera is out of calibration.

Is it possible to calibrate it on my own? I do know I can take it to the dealership, but I have an open air APR filter and some other small mods I would rather not switch out before having to take it in. Also it seems to take my dealership days if not weeks to get to anything, I also recently was diagnosed with the big C and chemo and infusion treatments are weekly and it's hit or miss when I feel good enough to go deal with my local service department.

Any help or idea's would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...
The following users liked this post:
Rich807 (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife got a lane change assist error today on her way to work on her '24 & it also knocked out her side assist. Fully understand you not wanting to take to dealer right away... If our error situation remains persistent, I may have to re-config a couple of things on our car before a visit to service as well.

Best of luck to you on your treatments & such.

Last edited by Rich807; 04-25-2024 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

You may want to try safelite to see if they will calibrate without a windshield replacement. They will do it when replacing a windshield and perhaps they can help you out?
Old 04-25-2024, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did talk to safelite but they said they didn’t have the software. We did end up taking it to the dealer and it appears the front camera is out. It is being replaced under warranty, but a couple things I don’t get is wouldn’t it show up as a dark area in the park assist? And all the other codes an issues it has caused are those all really due to one bad camera? It screwed with everything it can’t even receive the OTA download correctly. It won’t retain the user info..all from one camera? Is that possible or is this just going to be a starting point and I better find a comfy chair at the dealership?
Old 04-27-2024, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane assist

2020 Q3
After reading this post, I noticed my lane keeping assist is not working. Unfortunately I am traveling and have 2000 miles ahead of me before I can get to a dealership.
Has anyone come across any quick fixes?
Old 04-27-2024, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well according to the scan tool I have our issue may be contained in the Right side assist which is knocking out the entire side assist system, the rear cross traffic capability & I believe the adaptive cruise control. Plan on trying to get the car in the dealer this coming week.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsaunanp
We did talk to safelite but they said they didn’t have the software. We did end up taking it to the dealer and it appears the front camera is out. It is being replaced under warranty, but a couple things I don’t get is wouldn’t it show up as a dark area in the park assist? And all the other codes an issues it has caused are those all really due to one bad camera? It screwed with everything it can’t even receive the OTA download correctly. It won’t retain the user info..all from one camera? Is that possible or is this just going to be a starting point and I better find a comfy chair at the dealership?
yes absolutely these can be all connected. High beam assist uses the camera, LKA same thing. An update may fail when it senses an error condition. I would be happy they found this as a simpler fix and be optimistic that you will be all set after the replacement.