Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2023 Chronos Grey

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Yes upgraded wheels with summer rubber - this particular wheel is exclusive to the Technik. I have dedicated winter wheels and tires for both vehicles. Turning cold next week with a chance of snow so I'll be spending some quality time over swapping wheels over the next couple of days.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
Love it! Especially the seats with the extendable leg support. I have that on my SQ5 and appreciate them so much. I think you have the upgraded wheels. Are those summer tires? If so, do you plan to swap them out?
Seats. Like those in every Audi I have owned, they've already begun to wrinkle. BMW's leather seats as well as M-B and most luxe Japanese cars stay totally smooth even after many years and miles of driving. Audi's always start wrinkling almost immediately. I hate that part of my 7 new Audi's since 2006. Ugh!

Last edited by irenesbob; 01-01-2024 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-05-2024, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Black S-Line Badges

When we ordered our Q3 we checked off the boxes for Black Optics and black badges front and rear (rings and Q3). Looks great except for the S-Line badges on the fenders. Heck, even the quattro badges are predominantly black. Found some black ones from the great purveyor of fine automotive accessories, Amazon. I've had these for a couple of months, but but weather conspired against me installing until yesterday. Its a small thing but I like the way they look, especially with the black winter wheels.

Old 02-05-2024, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTurbo
When we ordered our Q3 we checked off the boxes for Black Optics and black badges front and rear (rings and Q3). Looks great except for the S-Line badges on the fenders. Heck, even the quattro badges are predominantly black. Found some black ones from the great purveyor of fine automotive accessories, Amazon. I've had these for a couple of months, but but weather conspired against me installing until yesterday. Its a small thing but I like the way they look, especially with the black winter wheels.

very nice. I’m not a huge fan of black wheels although I’ve come to dislike them less and starting to come around to liking them. . I really like the blacked out look though on the badges and other spots that your package has. How many kilometers do you have on yours now? We are approaching the 7k mile mark on ours already.
Here are our two cars. We are big fans of Audi in our family

Last edited by atlanta A6; 02-05-2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That's a good looking fleet.

I considered the SQ5 when I bought my GV70. Issues for me were the fake exhaust tips (no sport exhaust for MY 2023) and the resulting centre console after they went to touch screen MMI. Your's likely pre-dates that change and you were able to get the sport exhaust. That said, the air suspension would have been nice.

Wheels with winter rated finishes tend to be black, although I have silver on the GV70. If I'm honest for the Q3 I prefer the the sizing of the winter set to the summers - 235/50/19 (W) vs. 255/40/20 (S). The 255 section seems a little large for the size of the vehicle. Mileage is a whopping 700 km (~435 mi) after just over 3 months. My wife and I are both retired and we need two vehicles like I need another hole in my head - first world problems to be sure.