AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   What should I expect to pay for an 05-08? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/what-should-i-expect-pay-05-08-a-2859563/)

Mike141 01-10-2014 02:20 PM

What should I expect to pay for an 05-08?

Looking for an 05-08 3.2 A6...would really like an 07 and looking to be in the 60-70K mile range. I have found them anywhere between 14K-22K around me (New England). I currently have an 05 A8 that I would be trading, so I would like to have at least a good option package(nav,xenons, sat radio,18"wheels) and would like to be under 16K, is this realistic for these cars with that mileage range? Let me know what you think, Thanks!

raj99 01-10-2014 03:15 PM

Other than mileage you need to be able to decide on a 3.2 vs 4.2. Then theirs the records or lack thereof, dealership vs private maintenance, even the type of owner (ie someone who tracks their car). And lastly a complete list of options. Since that can impact the sale price

dzywicki 01-11-2014 06:57 AM

That's what I was finding. I bought two A6's last year. First was an '05 with 68k miles. Mechanically perfect, only problem was tires were worn pretty badly. That one had full Audi service history. I bought that from an Acura dealer that someone had traded. Was just under 15k. Hit a deer and totalled that one in November. That was a 3.2, 17" wheels, no nav. Heated front/rear seats, moon roof, 6 CD changer.

Just bought an 07 with 75k miles on it for 16k. This one has 18" wheels, cold weather package (including heated steering wheel), nav, 6 CD changer, backup camera/parking sensors. This one had Audi care and was also dealer serviced.

Overstock.com has been a good place to look for me. They aggregate all of the dealer used cars into 1 place.

Good luck

Wake96c4 01-11-2014 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by dzywicki (Post 24528249)
That's what I was finding. I bought two A6's last year. First was an '05 with 68k miles. Mechanically perfect, only problem was tires were worn pretty badly. That one had full Audi service history. I bought that from an Acura dealer that someone had traded. Was just under 15k. Hit a deer and totalled that one in November. That was a 3.2, 17" wheels, no nav. Heated front/rear seats, moon roof, 6 CD changer.

Just bought an 07 with 75k miles on it for 16k. This one has 18" wheels, cold weather package (including heated steering wheel), nav, 6 CD changer, backup camera/parking sensors. This one had Audi care and was also dealer serviced.

Overstock.com has been a good place to look for me. They aggregate all of the dealer used cars into 1 place.

Good luck

Great tip on overstock, I didn't realize they did that.

I purchased my 05 4.2L S-Line with 83K miles from a MB dealership in Fredericksburg for $13.9K in September. She ain't perfect (pretty pitted up nose), but for the price I paid I can deal with that until I can get the nose taken care of in the spring.

When I was shopping for A6s I saw prices all over the place. 100K+ mile vehicles for near $20K, 75K cars for $15K, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. I just shopped around a bit until I found one around $15K, just took a little patience.

LLskier23 01-11-2014 09:17 PM

Picked up my '06 Avant 3.2 for around $16k this fall with 58k on it. Loaded with nav, cold package, power hatch, etc. I agree that pricing makes little sense for a lot of C6s...the year and mileage seems to have little impact sometimes. Look for one in your price range, then check to see if it has the condition, options, and records that you're looking for. Eventually you'll get lucky and find a good one, you just may have to be willing to go a little ways away to get it. Good ones get snatched up quickly.

r1racer 01-12-2014 07:00 AM

I just bought a C7 and would let mine go for 9k with 116k miles. Only problem it has is the passenger's side door lock module needs to be replaced. Everything else is in good shape. Has 19" oem, nav, xenons, advanced key, heated rear seats, sat radio, etc.

Worldwidebeagle 01-22-2014 08:43 AM

Condition, Condition, Condition

Originally Posted by raj99 (Post 24528066)
Then theirs the records or lack thereof, dealership vs private maintenance, even the type of owner (ie someone who tracks their car). And lastly a complete list of options. Since that can impact the sale price

I could not agree more. Condition, condition, condition. With an Audi that old, its all down to how it was treated. When I was younger, I bought fixer uppers and spent more in diy repairs than I would have if I had paid more for a better maintained car. IMHO, Audi's and VW's are owned by two types of people (gross generalization), ones that treat them like a "car" and ones that love them. Find one that has been loved. Easy to tell.