AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Power folding mirrors (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/power-folding-mirrors-2814219/)

Maroon 10-02-2011 06:40 PM

Power folding mirrors

Do these have both automatic and manual operation?

Automatic would be, something like, fold every time engine is shut off, unfold when started.

Manual would be button activated, and for example you can delay unfolding them until you've pulled out of a tight parking spot.

Also, can you fold just one side, for example the passenger side only, when parked in the garage with the A6 on the left, so there is room to walk between the 2 cars?

aerobat 10-02-2011 07:18 PM

I think they only fold when you lock with the remote and unfold when you start the car. I think you turn the function on of off in the settings.

carbuff_2 10-02-2011 09:39 PM

You can fold them manually by turning the side mirrors switch on the door armrest or automatically by using the MMI settings. I set mine in auto mode but have recently noticed creaking sound (after two months) when the side mirrors are folding. Therefore, it may not be a good idea to fold them automatically for longevity reasons.

lostnspace 10-03-2011 02:52 AM

Only one...

I also want to add that only one side mirror will acutally tilt down in reverse and that is the passenger side, to assist in seeing the lines on your side. This is annoying because I'm accustomed to both mirrors tilting down to assist with backing into a spot. The back camera helps; if you're one the lucky ones to have it working on your car. Oh and you also must be sure to the knob selected to the passener side for the mirror tilt down option to work.

jr'sAudiA6 11-21-2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by lostnspace (Post 24205617)
I also want to add that only one side mirror will acutally tilt down in reverse and that is the passenger side, to assist in seeing the lines on your side. This is annoying because I'm accustomed to both mirrors tilting down to assist with backing into a spot. The back camera helps; if you're one the lucky ones to have it working on your car. Oh and you also must be sure to the knob selected to the passener side for the mirror tilt down option to work.

I have tried to get my side mirrors to tilt down when care is placed in reverse but no luck. Discussed this issue with the dealer today but they are unsure about if the care as this feature. I have had the mirror control in both driver and passenger position with no affect. Any idea's?

jr'sAudiA6 11-21-2011 01:58 PM

After writing my previous post I was thinking that I did not check the passenger mirror when I conducted my test. So, I just finished checking the passenger mirror and does indeed tilt down when the car is placed in reverse so long as the mirror select switch is placed to the passenger position. I know I tested this function before the camera chip was installed today and it did not work. So it appears to only work when the backup camera is made functional.

PJRed2008 11-21-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 (Post 24227213)
I have tried to get my side mirrors to tilt down when care is placed in reverse but no luck. Discussed this issue with the dealer today but they are unsure about if the care as this feature. I have had the mirror control in both driver and passenger position with no affect. Any idea's?

You have to have the driver's control set to passenger and have it turned on in the MMI.