AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/)
-   -   Airbag light help: 00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/airbag-light-help-00588-airbag-igniter-driver-side-n95-2815412/)

baubau2.7 10-23-2011 07:09 PM

Airbag light help: 00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)

Hi, I search the forums and could not find any info about this code:
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent.
Dealer told me that they think is the clock spring.
I went to a audi shop too, and I've been told that the drivers airbag needs replacement, or at least that's what he thinks it is.
So I was thinking to do the clock spring first and if that does not fix it to look for a used airbag on e-bay.
What do you think? Any other suggestions, please share!
Weird it was at the beginning when the light would come on, I was clearing the code, and the light would stay off until I was slamming on the brakes, maybe a bad connection or something stupid.
Anyone else has experienced something like this?

2004 A6 2.7T, S-line,

Could somebody with ETKA help me with a part number for the clock spring, and airbag ( it is a 4 spoke gray steering wheel, with radio controls buttons)
Thank You!

SierraS3 08-25-2014 10:54 PM

I have the same problem... :(

Do you solved it?

Prospeeder 08-26-2014 11:32 AM

The clock spring is no good. Its always that when I get that code. Yet to ever replace a bag for the problem. What I do to verify, is ohm check each wire coming from the air bag connector to the plug on the clock springs stationary side, and if there is open or high resistance (shouldnt be any more than half an ohm) than the clock spring is no good. If all the wires are good through the clock spring than the bag would be faulty, but thats soooooooooo rare.

N_Jay 08-26-2014 12:25 PM

Would be really rare for a bag to fail "Intermittently"
Connections, and any place the wire bends repeatedly (like the clock-spring) are the high hitters for this type of failure on any car.

baubau2.7 09-01-2014 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by SierraS3 (Post 24599336)
I have the same problem... :(

Do you solved it?

yes, I ended up buying a used airbag and replaced it, and never got the airbag light again, it has been more than a year.
My mechanic told me that the clock spring would throw a different code and it is the airbag, so i got a airbag off ebay.

N_Jay 09-01-2014 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by baubau2.7 (Post 24601301)
yes, I ended up buying a used airbag and replaced it, and never got the airbag light again, it has been more than a year.
My mechanic told me that the clock spring would throw a different code and it is the airbag, so i got a airbag off ebay.

Before replacing it, did you try disconnecting and reconnecting it to see if it was a slightly loose or corroded connection?

themaniacblack 03-27-2022 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by baubau2.7 (Post 24214835)
Hi, I search the forums and could not find any info about this code:
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent.
Dealer told me that they think is the clock spring.
I went to a audi shop too, and I've been told that the drivers airbag needs replacement, or at least that's what he thinks it is.
So I was thinking to do the clock spring first and if that does not fix it to look for a used airbag on e-bay.
What do you think? Any other suggestions, please share!
Weird it was at the beginning when the light would come on, I was clearing the code, and the light would stay off until I was slamming on the brakes, maybe a bad connection or something stupid.
Anyone else has experienced something like this?

2004 A6 2.7T, S-line,

Could somebody with ETKA help me with a part number for the clock spring, and airbag ( it is a 4 spoke gray steering wheel, with radio controls buttons)
Thank You!

https://youtu.be/0CrQaroLqlQSorunu ben bu şekilde çözdüm.tetikleme devresi sürücü tarafı N95 32-00 hatası