AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Newbie with ? on new A6 purchase (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/newbie-new-a6-purchase-2860719/)

howardlee2 01-31-2014 03:28 PM

Newbie with ? on new A6 purchase

we completed negotiation for a fairly loaded A6 and went to dealer to complete purchase. all papers were signed but, car wouldn't start and they offered to drive it to us after it was fixed and detailed. this was wed. yesterday, i got a call from them telling me that they initially thought it was the battery(car was in a storage area that lost heat and we had -13 temps earlier this week) but now have said battery is fine and there was a faulty starter which they are fixing. they said that all the electrical components were checked and are in working order.They are offering to drive it to us tues. they assure me that they are delivering a properly working new car... we are not quite sure what to do.how would we know this is not a lemon? hard to believe that it will take them 6 days to diagnose and fix this issue along with complete detail. beginning to wonder whether Audi is a reliable brand. no $$ have changed hands. they have offered us various minor perks like an extra detail,weekend in area hotel, audi jackets,etc. they have refused to give us audicare though. any thoughts appreciated!!

CRAMAZING 01-31-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by howardlee2 (Post 24536108)
we completed negotiation for a fairly loaded A6 and went to dealer to complete purchase. all papers were signed but, car wouldn't start and they offered to drive it to us after it was fixed and detailed. this was wed. yesterday, i got a call from them telling me that they initially thought it was the battery(car was in a storage area that lost heat and we had -13 temps earlier this week) but now have said battery is fine and there was a faulty starter which they are fixing. they said that all the electrical components were checked and are in working order.They are offering to drive it to us tues. they assure me that they are delivering a properly working new car... we are not quite sure what to do.how would we know this is not a lemon? hard to believe that it will take them 6 days to diagnose and fix this issue along with complete detail. beginning to wonder whether Audi is a reliable brand. no $$ have changed hands. they have offered us various minor perks like an extra detail,weekend in area hotel, audi jackets,etc. they have refused to give us audicare though. any thoughts appreciated!!

i would cancel the order and get a different car, will make you sleep better at night

miwung 01-31-2014 03:45 PM

Hell yeah. Cancel it. Tell them to keep their jackets. Piece of mind on 60k +

in2dwww 01-31-2014 05:28 PM

Do not accept that car at all. It won't matter what they offer you to take it. Just walk away. It's not your car until it gets delivered. Simply walk away and use another dealer. Do not drive it off the lot. New cars come off the assembly line ever 2-3 minutes. Don't ever feel rushed to close the deal.

snagitseven 01-31-2014 05:48 PM

One defective part out of the thousands in the car does not necessarily make a lemon. Even a new, ordered car can have an issue or two. If you are happy with your choice and satisfied with the price, I wouldn't be too concerned over a replaced starter. If not, then pass and find another one but realize any new car can have a problem or two after delivery. That's what a warranty is for.

Maverick61 01-31-2014 07:06 PM

I would cancel it - not a good sign. You will always be wondering in the back of your mind.

Tell them find you a different A6 or find a different dealer

NightCrawler 01-31-2014 10:09 PM

Agree with the rest who said to cancel. Not the right way to start off, and once you take delivery it's yours. Tell them to find you a new car or find yourself another dealer.

fEArmE 02-01-2014 05:25 AM

I have to agree with most of the folks here. I would not accept anything less than perfect on a new car. Cancel it.

gatorguy7 02-01-2014 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24536133)
One defective part out of the thousands in the car does not necessarily make a lemon. Even a new, ordered car can have an issue or two. If you are happy with your choice and satisfied with the price, I wouldn't be too concerned over a replaced starter. If not, then pass and find another one but realize any new car can have a problem or two after delivery. That's what a warranty is for.

Well said. New cars unfortunately have problems. That one developed one before you even took it but it could have just as easily been one week after you got it. It is exactly the point of warranties.

But you don't have to take that car but just know you may not get the same deal else where. If you are fine with that then do what you feel most comfortable with.

James517 02-01-2014 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24536133)

I agree. However, I might be more inclined to take it for an extended test drive to make sure I feel comfortable with it before accepting it...mostly just to make me feel better.