AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/)
-   -   Audi Chassis Codes? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/audi-chassis-codes-2858865/)

Cincinnatistuff 12-27-2013 09:18 AM

Audi Chassis Codes?

I have a 2002 Audi A6 Avant Quattro with 3.0 engine. I am getting the following codes.

P0421: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
C06EE: Unknown code
C0759: Unknown code

I am not worried about the P0421.

I am worried about the Chassis codes and cannot find anywhere that will explain what they are.

I just had a local guy change all the belts and I am afraid something got screwed up.

Does anyone have any idea what the chassis codes mean and they cause?

jcman 12-27-2013 12:20 PM

What tool are you using to get these C-codes?

jcman 12-27-2013 12:26 PM

BTW....

Chassis codes are in your VIN number so if you using vagcom you will see them, if so don't worry.

A4 Phil 12-27-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cincinnatistuff (Post 24522992)
I have a 2002 Audi A6 Avant Quattro with 3.0 engine. I am getting the following codes.

P0421: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
C06EE: Unknown code
C0759: Unknown code

I am not worried about the P0421.

I am worried about the Chassis codes and cannot find anywhere that will explain what they are.

I just had a local guy change all the belts and I am afraid something got screwed up.

Does anyone have any idea what the chassis codes mean and they cause?

My P0421 code cleared up when I replaced my linkage armature. Not sure if that is a rule or a coincidence.

I ran with the error for at least 18 months and then was shocked at my fuel efficiency gain when I finally did replace my linkage armatures. Oh well, that money is long gone. Pull your engine cover off and see if your armatures are broken. Very inexpensive 15 min fix.

jcman 12-27-2013 01:58 PM

A4 Phil are you taking about the manifold change over valve link arms?

Armatures are in electric motors, vacuum actuators move arms or levers.

A4 Phil 12-27-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jcman (Post 24523066)
A4 Phil are you taking about the manifold change over valve link arms?

Armatures are in electric motors, vacuum actuators move arms or levers.

I changed both the motors and the levers. One motor had gone bad and both levers had snapped. The bad motor simply would not maintain pressure.

SloopJohnB@mac.com 12-28-2013 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by A4 Phil (Post 24523118)
I changed both the motors and the levers. One motor had gone bad and both levers had snapped. The bad motor simply would not maintain pressure.

You're extremely lucky the rods hadn't frozen in the manifold….99% of the time that is the cause of the links or the vacuum motors breaking.

A4 Phil 12-29-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com (Post 24523196)
You're extremely lucky the rods hadn't frozen in the manifold….99% of the time that is the cause of the links or the vacuum motors breaking.

Yes. I had identified them as broken and had thoroughly prepared myself for the Dremel fixing technique outlined on this forum. I even purchased a Dremel. I had to do some unrelated work at an Audi service department and 'casually' mentioned to the tech that I was looking to replace my levers and wondered if they sold the vacuum motors individually. He walked out to my car, pooped the cover off and spent ten minutes tweaking and twisting and said finally that the rods were not frozen and I was right, my problem was the motors which I was insane to by from their parts department. He recommended lambo, I ended up getting rover.

thall6594 12-29-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by A4 Phil (Post 24523057)
My P0421 code cleared up when I replaced my linkage armature. Not sure if that is a rule or a coincidence.

I ran with the error for at least 18 months and then was shocked at my fuel efficiency gain when I finally did replace my linkage armatures. Oh well, that money is long gone. Pull your engine cover off and see if your armatures are broken. Very inexpensive 15 min fix.

Could you find a picture of what needs to be replaced for this?

A4 Phil 12-29-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by thall6594 (Post 24523517)
Could you find a picture of what needs to be replaced for this?

Here is my thread on this. Simple to check. Just pull up your engine cover and look at the levers and motors.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2852103

Caveats, I am not familiar with the 3.0 engine, and I did not own my VAG at the time so I was relying on the old replace a part and drive and see if the code clears. In this case, the CEL cleared and when I did return to my mech, the code was no longer present... then I moved on to vacuum issues later. :-)