AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Update Navigation Maps (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/update-navigation-maps-2855507/)

Brooklyn Mike 10-17-2013 01:15 PM

Update Navigation Maps

Hey guys,

My dealer quoted me $286.00 for an updated Navigation Disc--is that correct? Is there any other way to update the maps?

Thanks

TO407S4 10-17-2013 02:54 PM

I haven't asked myself but that's inline with other manufacturers (Acura)

BigBluu 10-17-2013 04:37 PM

Seems high. I paid $149 for my Acura a few years ago and didn't notice a difference so will not do another update. I still get offers in the mail at that rate.

TO407S4 10-17-2013 05:24 PM

Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)

Brooklyn Mike 10-18-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by TO407S4 (Post 24499570)
Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)

I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.

gk1 10-18-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mike (Post 24499738)
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.

When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.

SDBArbifox 10-18-2013 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 24499743)
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.

I was told if was a free annual update for the first few years

DrGP 10-18-2013 09:03 AM

So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.

Brooklyn Mike 10-18-2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by DrGP (Post 24499788)
So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Still on the fence, since I don't really need it.

Brooklyn Mike 10-18-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 24499743)

That's what the service consultant said in his email reply to me, he had to check with the parts department. I'll probably have to contact the parts department directly to see what they say.