AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   APR Tuned (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/apr-tuned-2855546/)

Phknlwyr 10-18-2013 10:29 AM

APR Tuned

Thanks to the fine folks at New German Performance (ngpracing.com), my stupidly fast car is now faster. The difference is most noticeable in the mid-range: the torque is there immediately and is sustained to the red line. My favorite part of driving my car - merging from the on ramp into traffic - was a even more of a breeze with the gobs of acceleration added with the tune. I also noticed that the boost gauge leaps to the full thrust position much faster than it did prior to the tune. Those are my initial impressions from a 25 mile trek home. I have 29 more days to decide whether or not I like it.

ecpChris 10-18-2013 12:18 PM

Congrats. I love my APR tune too. Did they have to downgrade your software as well?

Harsany 10-18-2013 12:59 PM

I love my APR tune as well. Let's hope the tranny holds together:o

Vijay 10-18-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harsany (Post 24499881)
I love my APR tune as well. Let's hope the tranny holds together:o

You will be fine if you don't hammer it all the time. Use the power once in a while. It's not like the car is even remotely slow to begin with.

Lee Moody 10-31-2013 04:08 PM

Does the APR tune void your warrantee? I am a newbie to Audi but would worry if I busted something because of the increased power. Any advice?

Deazy 10-31-2013 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Moody (Post 24504441)
Does the APR tune void your warrantee? I am a newbie to Audi but would worry if I busted something because of the increased power. Any advice?

Do a search for that topic. It comes up almost weekly on the forum. The best answer for that question always starts out with "That depends ..... "

Phknlwyr 11-01-2013 04:12 AM

Lee, I tuned my car with the thought that I was voiding parts of my warranty. The "it depends" comment above is very accurate. It depends upon your relationship with the service people at the dealership...it depends on what you are doing if and when something breaks (the computer will know if you go last the rev limiter and blow the engine)...etc. I do not take my car to the track and I have never used launch control. I got the tune to flip the bird to the various rice rocketeers that think they can mess with my "luxury car" on the highway. I have the tune because I operate under the theory that it is better to have and not need than not have and need. One final thought: as an attorney, I am comfortable having to enforce my rights in the event that Audi denies a warranty claim improperly. It will cost me nothing.

DrCondor 11-01-2013 06:57 AM

My understanding from my dealer is that scan tool detection of any flash triggers a code that absolutely requires the dealer to interact with Audi as to the question of warranty coverage, i.e., the decision is not entirely up to them. My dealer has consistently been very forthcoming and creative on service, but I don't think I will risk a power train spat with AudiUSA, at least until after the initial warranty period.

Perhaps an Audi affiliated poster can confirm my understanding, but it is my operating assumption.

Harsany 11-01-2013 10:59 AM

Yes this is what I have heard from service department as well. I may be in a unique position as I have informed my service advisor(Service Manager) of my APR tune, plus I know the owner of the dealership. In addition have purchased 5 new Audis since 2009 including a new SQ5 which I'm taking delivery of next week. If I have issues regarding my tune, **** will hit the fan with the owner and he can take it up with Audi Canada. It's ultimately their choice if they want a customer like me that will remain loyal and buy numerous vehicles in the upcoming years or piss me off and I will sell all my Audis, give them bad press and move to one of their competitors, their choice.

Originally Posted by DrCondor (Post 24504600)
My understanding from my dealer is that scan tool detection of any flash triggers a code that absolutely requires the dealer to interact with Audi as to the question of warranty coverage, i.e., the decision is not entirely up to them. My dealer has consistently been very forthcoming and creative on service, but I don't think I will risk a power train spat with AudiUSA, at least until after the initial warranty period.

Perhaps an Audi affiliated poster can confirm my understanding, but it is my operating assumption.

Dr Chill 11-01-2013 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harsany (Post 24504674)
Yes this is what I have heard from service department as well. I may be in a unique position as I have informed my service advisor(Service Manager) of my APR tune, plus I know the owner of the dealership. In addition have purchased 5 new Audis since 2009 including a new SQ5 which I'm taking delivery of next week. If I have issues regarding my tune, **** will hit the fan with the owner and he can take it up with Audi Canada. It's ultimately their choice if they want a customer like me that will remain loyal and buy numerous vehicles in the upcoming years or piss me off and I will sell all my Audis, give them bad press and move to one of their competitors, their choice.

Unfortunately your prior purchases and dealer relationship doesn't mean that much to AOA or AOC if your engine fails and you are flagged TD1. It would require many car purchases to cover the cost of a $30,000+ motor. Hopefully you won't need to test out your relationship.