AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Quick question on final ED price (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/quick-question-final-ed-price-2718594/)

ebusch 09-01-2007 03:09 PM

Quick question on final ED price

Is the European Delivery discount supposed to be 5% of the Total MSRP for the car or is it 5% of the Base MSRP? In other words, is the 5% discount applied after the entire purchase price is calculated or is it only applied towards the Base MSRP before options are added? My dealer is waiting to hear back from AudiUSA in regards to the destination charge and ED orders, and I want to be 100% sure the rest of their numbers are correct before paying for the car.

cit1991 09-01-2007 05:58 PM

From the website...

The models listed below qualify for the European Delivery Program less the applicable published percent discount off MSRP*

All Audi A3 Models MSRP Less 3%
Audi A4 Sedan/Avant (includes quattro) MSRP Less 5%
Audi A4 Cabriolet (includes quattro) MSRP Less 5%
All Audi TT Models MSRP Less 5%
All Audi S4 Models MSRP Less 5%
All Audi A6 Models MSRP Less 5%
All Audi Q7 Models MSRP Less 5%
All Audi A8 Models MSRP Less 5%
Audi S6 MSRP Less 5%
Audi S8 MSRP Less 5%
Audi RS 4 MSRP Less 5%

*All MSRPs exclude taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees, and finance charges.

ebusch 09-01-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Right, that's the wording I was hoping to get clarification on...

"All MSRPs exclude taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, <b>OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT AND ACCESSORIES</b>, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees, and finance charges."

Is that referring to dealer installed options and accessories, or does that mean that the factory installed options are also excluded from the discount?

A) Total MSRP - ED Discount
B) Base MSRP - ED Discount + MSRP of Options

Which is correct?

kimochi 09-03-2007 07:33 PM

i paid for A:

A) Total MSRP - ED Discount

cit1991 09-04-2007 04:37 PM

I thought it applied to base MSRP and MSRP of the factory options.

You're right, I have not found that actually written anywhere. Call Audi ED and ask..and let us know what they say.

Bada Bing 09-12-2007 01:19 AM

It better apply to total MSRP. I got 11.8% off total MSRP on my ED 335i sedan

Frankly, I don't think 5% total discount off the MSRP is such a great deal for mass market cars like A4/A6/A8. BMW and MB offer 7% off on most models. In the case of BMW, dealers will routinely offer 10% off MSRP before any negotiation. My lease was based on $800 over ED invoice which works out to $5,290 off MSRP of $44,900 (capitalized cost was $39,610) which is about 11.8% off.

I am hoping that Audi dealers have room for some further discounts beyond the 5%.