AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   Throttle Lag (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/throttle-lag-2823225/)

Maradona4.2V8 03-09-2012 03:50 AM

Throttle Lag

hey guys i have a 2005 Audi A6 4.2 V8 that has 335HP but when i try taking off there is about a sec from when i Acceleration to when the car takes off i really hate that and would love to fix/remove that is there a way to do this any help would be great thank you and god bless Audi lol

theaudiguy 03-09-2012 04:45 PM

I had the same problem on my 05 3.2. I did a throttle adaptation in VagCom and it made a big difference. It even improved my mpg's because I wasn't having to press the pedal down as much. Give it a shot and please report back!

Social_Ave 03-10-2012 12:09 PM

I have the same car (year and engine size) and same issue, but, I have no idea what or how to use the VagCom. Can anyone help? I am located in Atlanta Ga.

theaudiguy 03-10-2012 01:18 PM

In VAG go to:

Engine-->Basic Settings-->group 60 then click the ON/OFF/NEXT and you will hear the throttle plate move. You are done when the far right block says ADP OK.

That should do it. Take it out for a spin and see if that makes a difference for you.

rumbish 03-19-2012 11:22 PM

Does this really works guys???

Someone tell me please...

cebo0650 03-20-2012 12:42 PM

Cool!!
I'm going to try this today.

theaudiguy 03-22-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by cebo0650 (Post 24277589)
Cool!!
I'm going to try this today.

So did you do it? Did it make a difference for you?

When I did it I was actually able to increase my MPG's and the car was more peppy.

Turborusty 03-22-2012 03:40 PM

Mine does this and I've narrowed it down to what the cause is(at least on mine).

When you slow for a stop sign and come ALMOST to a complete stop, the lazy transmission tuning doesn't allow it to hold 2nd gear to take off again. Instead, it becomes confused as you push the throttle harder.......then the trans pauses and downshifts to first gear.

That is why you get the pause, and then the car tries to rocket away. Newer model Audis have netter trans tuning and will hold 2nd gear all the way down until you make a full and complete stop. Yet Audi does not see it as enough of a problem to uodate the shift schedule of our older cars.

The most effective way I've found to deal with it is to bumpt it over to Manual when coming to a stop sign, and take off again, then bump back to auto after you're moving again. This holds second gear since you likely have not make a complete stop.

Hope that helps.......syupid that we can't get small drivability concerns like these addressed.

Turborusty

cebo0650 03-23-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by theaudiguy (Post 24278351)
So did you do it? Did it make a difference for you?

When I did it I was actually able to increase my MPG's and the car was more peppy.

I think it did! I'm not going to say it's a completely different car, but the throttle definitely seems more responsive. The car also seem to accelerate much smoother.

hrc4u 03-24-2012 06:25 AM

did the adaptation on my '05 3.2..
(had to adapt kickdown first then group 60)
..it actually feels snapppier now..(or a placebo) =)
other thing noticed....the downshifting from 3->2 is now smooth...strange..
it used to hard shift down before :-O

/H