AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   S-Line Grille option for the Q5 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/s-line-grille-option-q5-2773269/)

CanadianQ5Premium 01-10-2010 07:14 AM

S-Line Grille option for the Q5

I've seen a lot of people asking about the S-Line Grille, I too love the look of it versus the standard grille on the Q5. I wanted the S-Line, but didn't want to be locked into the Black interior. I called the dealership the other day and asked if the grilles were interchangable...yup, same bolt pattern and size/shape. So for $595CAD I am having the dealership install it for me when I collect my vehicle in June 2010...yeah, I have to wait patiently too! lol.

Jusforfun 01-10-2010 08:24 AM

Is that an exchange or do you keep the old one?

CanadianQ5Premium 01-10-2010 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jusforfun (Post 23909586)
Is that an exchange or do you keep the old one?

They asked if I wanted to keep the old one incase something happens to the S-Line Grille, I can always change it back. So I am getting the original in the box at delivery.

Ed@mtl 01-10-2010 10:15 AM

Ahh, good to know that it is interchangable. I'll wait until someone cracks my grille, like they did with my A4 Avant.

Anyone knows the part # for the Sline front grille?

kleinbus 01-10-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianQ5Premium (Post 23909562)
.... I called the dealership the other day and asked if the grilles were interchangable...yup, same bolt pattern and size/shape. So for $595CAD I am having the dealership install it for me when I collect my vehicle in June 2010...yeah, I have to wait patiently too! lol.

Man this a another example how some Audi dealers seems to have no idea what they are talking about as I remember seeing similar post somewhere and poster was wondering does S-grill fit to normal and his dealer said no because S-line bumber is 3 piece and they said normal is one piece.

I didn't believe those would be that much different so I even took off my grill top cover and planned to take off mine to see how it works, well once I took to cover off I saw the grill mounting bolts going against the vehicle frame so it meant bumber skin have to come off and I gave up that night and rather have some sleep :rolleyes:

CanadianQ5Premium 01-10-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kleinbus (Post 23909641)
Man this a another example how some Audi dealers seems to have no idea what they are talking about as I remember seeing similar post somewhere and poster was wondering does S-grill fit to normal and his dealer said no because S-line bumber is 3 piece and they said normal is one piece.

I didn't believe those would be that much different so I even took off my grill top cover and planned to take off mine to see how it works, well once I took to cover off I saw the grill mounting bolts going against the vehicle frame so it meant bumber skin have to come off and I gave up that night and rather have some sleep :rolleyes:

As far as I know from further investigations, the grill is a completely seperate piece that has the same inset shape as the normal Q5 and the S-line bumpers. I think the bumper housing has to come off to install the S-Line, however it can be done at a dealership level. The bolt patterns are the same for both models, now I wonder if I can change the rear bumper piece around the exhausts????

yob2kanobe 01-10-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianQ5Premium (Post 23909643)
now I wonder if I can change the rear bumper piece around the exhausts????

These guys have the rear S-Line bumper package for $655 and the S-line grill kit for $340.

http://www.europrice.us/

wanderer1980 01-10-2010 12:58 PM

I just wished that there would be an option to have this "s-line" grille look without going for the whole package when you order the Q5. I love the "s-line" grille, but then I don't want to spend close to $3000 USD to get the rest of the package, which is nice but not really necessary for me. To be honest, I'd rather have the wood trim inside, than the aluminum trim... this is weird coming from me because usually I am not a wood trim fan at all, but somehow it works beautifully with the Q5 interior, "warming" it up tremendously.

CanadianQ5Premium 01-10-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe (Post 23909670)
These guys have the rear S-Line bumper package for $655 and the S-line grill kit for $340.

http://www.europrice.us/

Yes I saw their site, but no one I've spoken with has done business with them and I'm scared to be the first lol. By the time you factor in the fees, exchange, brokerage, duty and any other costs the Canadian government decide to collect, it works out about the same regarding the front grille. If anyone has used Europrice, please let me know how it went and the quality of the parts.

CanadianQ5Premium 01-10-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by wanderer1980 (Post 23909674)
I just wished that there would be an option to have this "s-line" grille look without going for the whole package when you order the Q5. I love the "s-line" grille, but then I don't want to spend close to $3000 USD to get the rest of the package, which is nice but not really necessary for me. To be honest, I'd rather have the wood trim inside, than the aluminum trim... this is weird coming from me because usually I am not a wood trim fan at all, but somehow it works beautifully with the Q5 interior, "warming" it up tremendously.

Ask your local Audi dealership to order a install an S-Line grille on your Q5, it cost me just under $600CAD. I think it's totally worth it.