AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Ten Audi/AudiWorld things that you can count on... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/ten-audi-audiworld-things-you-can-count-2857058/)

snagitseven 11-18-2013 11:40 AM

Ten Audi/AudiWorld things that you can count on...

Ten Audi/AudiWorld things you can count on (in no particular order):

1) The average AudiWorld forum participant knows approximately 3.7 times more about their Audi than the average dealer salesperson, 2.1 times more than the average service writer and 1.3 times more than the average service tech. (Note that these are averages).

2) Despite "Truth in Engineering", some things will just not work as expected. Ever.

3) Not everything can be changed as desired with VCDS (Vag-Com).

4) Most problems will disappear as soon as you enter the dealer service dept. entrance.

5) 67% of owners will not read the complete manuals. 78% of those that do, will forget much of it.

6) It's easier to start a new forum thread with a question than first checking the manuals, doing a search or Googling for the answer.

7) The level of frustration expressed to a service person is inversely proportional to getting things done to your satisfaction.

8) Complaining is a right and proportional to the amount of money invested in an Audi.

9) All Audi dealers are out to get you unless they're not.

10) You can please some of the Audi owners all of the time, all of the Audi owners some of the time but you cannot please all of the Audi owners all of the time. -A. Lincoln (sort of)

keithl 11-18-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24510377)

5) 67% of owners will not read the complete manuals. 78% of those that do, will forget much of it.

I'm surprise the percentage that read it is that high ;-) considering the lack of the manual as a PDF.

atlanta A6 11-18-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by keithl (Post 24510455)
I'm surprise the percentage that read it is that high ;-) considering the lack of the manual as a PDF.

I have to compliment the people who post here. After being on another car forum and reading countless threads on "how do you turn the headlights on?" and similar stuff that is easily answered by taking a moment and reading, people here really seem to know their cars. Some may attribute it to the sophistication of the average Audi owner but it makes this interesting to read and learn. I always try to figure my car out then read the manual cover to cover sans the common sense stuff such as how to buckle your seatbelt and tie the little ones down.

keithl 11-18-2013 05:09 PM

One thing I have grown to dislike about the A6 manual is it is clearly a global manual and thus often hard to determine when certain things pertain to the US model vs. other NA models or Euro models. I think many would read it more if it were in PDF, I know I would as I can read it more conveniently than ranking the manual out of the glove box.

Mike_L 11-18-2013 05:17 PM

I agree 1000%!! Where the heck is the PDF manual??? Every other marque has them on their site, but VAG doesn't. Absolutely ridiculous to not have it in 2013.

A PDF Parts diagram/list would be nice too, kinda like Realoem.com for BMW.

s5blitzer 11-19-2013 04:17 AM

All correct and I plead guilty on all counts. I could say I am not guilty and use insanity as a defense but that would be very uncharacteristic of an Audi driver.

looking@audi 11-19-2013 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24510377)

Your forgot an important one...

There will be a new thread every month asking if the B&O option is worth the money.

DeerHunter 11-19-2013 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by looking@audi (Post 24510624)
Your forgot an important one...

There will be a new thread every month asking if the B&O option is worth the money.

Well, is it?

looking@audi 11-19-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by DeerHunter (Post 24510713)
Well, is it?

No

Rlk1 11-19-2013 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by DeerHunter (Post 24510713)
Well, is it?

Yes :)