AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   S8 battery level in MMI (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/s8-battery-level-mmi-2833627/)

tx170754 09-12-2012 10:49 AM

S8 battery level in MMI

Hello everybody,
Drove the, new to me, 2008 S8 from Baltimore to home, around 700 miles this weekend, what a car. I'm still getting us to it since it is different than the D3A8 that I still have ( for sale ) . One thing that I have realized is that there is no battery level in the MMI menu, I have searched in the archives since I remember that there were a lot of posts on the topic but I'm not able to find anyhting. Is there any way to enable this or should I go to the dealer and let them do it.
Thanks,
Dan

Brozee 09-12-2012 10:52 AM

Connect VCDS
Select Control Module "07", Click on "Adaptation"
Select Adaptation Channel: 08
0-Hidden Menu Disabled
1-Hidden Menu Enabled
Enter value "1"
Click "Test", followed by "Save"
Close & reboot MMI by pressing "Tel" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button" (all together)

Press "Car+Setup" together until hidden menu appears, takes about 5 seconds

Then scroll down to Diag Settings and press enter

Then scroll down to Car Menus Maske (this is how it is spelt on the UK MMI) press enter

The find Battery Level and press enter

Scroll down the the bottom and press Accept Changes

Press the return button 3 tmes to return to the front screen

Close & reboot MMI by pressing "Tel" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button" (all together)

I had mine disappear after an MMI update, but never went back and re-enabled it, isn't a big deal at all for me.

tx170754 09-12-2012 10:57 AM

Thanks,you're right I don't want to mess up with the hidden manus, I will probably ask the dealer to do at the first oil change.

pmdeaver 09-12-2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Brozee (Post 24346776)
Connect VCDS
0-Hidden Menu Disabled
1-Hidden Menu Enabled
Enter value "1"

Press "Car+Setup" together until hidden menu appears, takes about 5 seconds

Then scroll down to Diag Settings and press enter

Then scroll down to Car Menus Maske (this is how it is spelt on the UK MMI) press enter

The find Battery Level and press enter

Scroll down the the bottom and press Accept Changes

Press the return button 3 tmes to return to the front screen

I had mine disappear after an MMI update, but never went back and re-enabled it, isn't a big deal at all for me.

Brozee, you rock! Is there any way I can convince you to move to NC? You're a great reference on this board!

Incaico 04-05-2013 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Brozee (Post 24346776)
Connect VCDS
0-Hidden Menu Disabled
1-Hidden Menu Enabled
Enter value "1"

Brozee,

After you close & reboot, should something happen? I did go into hidden menu and checked off box for battery level but where can I see it?

RenoRanes 04-05-2013 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Incaico (Post 24428581)
Brozee,

After you close & reboot, should something happen? I did go into hidden menu and checked off box for battery level but where can I see it?

Press 'Car' then 'Systems' and scroll down to 'Battery Level'.

Incaico 04-05-2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RenoRanes (Post 24428624)
Press 'Car' then 'Systems' and scroll down to 'Battery Level'.

Got it. just couldn't reboot using the 3-finger salute. Had to use vag-com to reboot. There it was, just like u said.

Now I cannot go back to hidden menus...help?

EDIT:

Got it going. Just afraid I may break something...:o

RenoRanes 04-05-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Incaico (Post 24428630)
Got it. just couldn't reboot using the 3-finger salute. Had to use vag-com to reboot. There it was, just like u said.

Now I cannot go back to hidden menus...help?

EDIT:

Got it going. Just afraid I may break something...:o

To reboot without Vag-Com try pressing "Tel" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button" instead of "Setup" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button", for some reason the A8 reboot procedure is different to everything else.

Incaico 04-05-2013 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by RenoRanes (Post 24428662)
To reboot without Vag-Com try pressing "Tel" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button" instead of "Setup" + "MMI Control Knob" + "Upper Right Selection Button", for some reason the A8 reboot procedure is different to everything else.

So now I can get into hidden menu but when I get to the "CAR" setting, it is not responding.

I can go into the other settings but not "CAR".

Will reboot and try again.

1Wasserwerks 11-11-2013 01:12 PM

I guess I'm late to this game. Got the hidden menu all figured out. Tried the enable battery level. Everything appears to have worked. Still no battery level.
Ugh. Reset several times with the 3 finger option, shut car down and restarted. No change.
Help?