AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   Heated Seats and the Climate Control (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/heated-seats-climate-control-2792544/)

Dr.Pasta 10-13-2010 05:51 PM

Heated Seats and the Climate Control

Is there a way to turn on/off the heated seats without using the climate control? Whenever I turn on the heated seats, the climate control automatically turns on too. I can turn it off and the heated seats remain on. If I want to adjust the seat temp, or turn the heated seats off, the climate control turns back on. Any way to bypass all this?

anpk05 10-13-2010 05:54 PM

I would like to know too

triplecore 10-13-2010 07:24 PM

same here. very annoying

pavils 10-13-2010 10:43 PM

not that I've been able to find, in two years of trying different combinations...

KevinGary 10-14-2010 02:44 AM

This has been discussed several times on the forum and there is no way of bypassing the auto climate control.

bud4ya 10-14-2010 04:46 AM

No you just have to keep turning climate off if you adjust seats. IMO very poor design but I would assume there has to be a reason why

Originally Posted by Dr.Pasta (Post 24046310)
Is there a way to turn on/off the heated seats without using the climate control? Whenever I turn on the heated seats, the climate control automatically turns on too. I can turn it off and the heated seats remain on. If I want to adjust the seat temp, or turn the heated seats off, the climate control turns back on. Any way to bypass all this?

2008A6 10-14-2010 06:23 AM

I had a loaner A4 yesterday while my car was in for service and they now have a separate OFF button for the AC system. A slight improvement over having to hold the ECON button down for a couple of seconds while driving in the A6.
Frankly, I find that having to look for the ECON button and keep it depressed while driving is more of a safety risk than the benefits the Germans perceive with having the A/C turn on automatically with the seat heaters. But that's just my opinion.

triplecore 10-14-2010 02:24 PM

one thing i really like about Merc is the Air/Heat system. The diffusers are perfectly place allowing you to point them up so the air doesn't blow in your face, but is rather like a draft kind of re bounding off the windshield and roof. Also there automatic climate seems to work perfect with a off button. And when you hold recalculate button down for a few seconds and release the windows all close.

PJRed2008 10-14-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by bud4ya (Post 24046452)
No you just have to keep turning climate off if you adjust seats. IMO very poor design but I would assume there has to be a reason why

I've only had my A6 for about a month, and the temp is just now getting where seat heat will be needed, but this statement confuses me. I find the climate control to work very well and can't really see where you would want to use the seat heat and not have the climate control on? I guess I'm missing the point of the OPs post.

I also haven't found how to turn the CC off, but haven't looked very hard yet as its either too hot or too cold here.

Da Hapa 10-15-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by PJRed2008 (Post 24046752)
I've only had my A6 for about a month, and the temp is just now getting where seat heat will be needed, but this statement confuses me. I find the climate control to work very well and can't really see where you would want to use the seat heat and not have the climate control on? I guess I'm missing the point of the OPs post.

I share the OP's frustration.

I live in S. CA and one of the great things about my climate is that it's perfect for driving with sunroof open, windows down, no HVAC and the seat heaters on. It's a little frustrating that I have to adjust or manipulate the climate control to do that. I've never owned another car that I can't independently operate the seat heaters and the climate control.