AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/)
-   -   Rain-X Latitude Wipers (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/rain-x-latitude-wipers-2745339/)

QuarkXP 03-24-2009 07:02 AM

Rain-X Latitude Wipers

Has anyone purchased and tried (operative word here!) installing the new Rain-X Latitude wipers? I used the Rain-X Web site to choose the blades for my 2003 Audi A4 and they arrived yesterday. However, they don't work. I've spent about two hours today working with Rain-X and then AutoZone to try and get the 5079278 model (on back of package) and not the 5070646 model that they sent me.

While talking with someone at AutoZone, they said that Bosch makes a similar wiper as well as Anco.

Seems like whenever I want to install/get wipers for my Audi, it's a huge undertaking.

Any advice for my '03 A4? It has the "pinch clip" on the arm, not a "J" hook.

jefe_not 04-04-2009 03:38 PM

Have you thought about upgrading to the newer Aero style?

bbboy 02-26-2010 07:27 PM

I had the same fitting issue until I realized that the Latitude comes with larger hook adapter (marked as B on the leaflet). So you just pop the small hook adapter out, put the new one in, the one that has 3 cylindrical slots (I put on the middle one). It swivels on the main adapter...

Steelman93 04-27-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by QuarkXP (Post 23748453)
Has anyone purchased and tried (operative word here!) installing the new Rain-X Latitude wipers? I used the Rain-X Web site to choose the blades for my 2003 Audi A4 and they arrived yesterday. However, they don't work. I've spent about two hours today working with Rain-X and then AutoZone to try and get the 5079278 model (on back of package) and not the 5070646 model that they sent me.

While talking with someone at AutoZone, they said that Bosch makes a similar wiper as well as Anco.

Seems like whenever I want to install/get wipers for my Audi, it's a huge undertaking.

Any advice for my '03 A4? It has the "pinch clip" on the arm, not a "J" hook.

I could nto get these to work on my 2002. If anybody has please let me know. I ended up buying normal rainx blades, pulling the rubber inserts out and using them in the audi blades

AudiCO 04-28-2010 12:27 PM

I have an '02 and every time my wipers started to streak it was a huge pain to resolve. It either entailed buying OEM blades from Audi or, more likely, pulling out the rubber inserts from a set of Ancos and using them in the Audi blades. Finally, I elected to upgrade to the aero wiper arms so I could use the Bosch blades which are more readily available. I have to say it was one of the best upgrades I have made to my car for the money. The aero blades work great in rain and snow, much better than the previous style blades that were original to my car.

mycvta4 05-06-2010 05:17 PM

AudiCo, question for you, what exactly did you do to upgrade? I likewise have '02 and caused me the same trouble everytime I have to change the blades.

mycvta4

AudiCO 05-09-2010 12:32 PM

I installed an Aero Wiper Kit that I purchased from ECS tuning. It was a bit of a pain getting the old arms off. I ended up using PB blaster and a puller to get them off. Installed the new ones with some anti-seize, not that I expect to have to take them off. Well worth the cost and effort though.

drwho304 05-17-2010 03:26 PM

2005 Avant 3.0 B6

I can't figure out how to replace the wiper blades can anyone point me in the right direction -Joe.

FrankyGoop 05-28-2010 07:02 AM

Replacement Audi 2006 with Rain-X

I did manage to install Rain-X Latittude on my Audi 2006. I had to remove the complete base plate from both Old and New blades and interchange it. It work great, it looks like OEM. it takes only 10 min to do it. Unfortunately i did not take pictures. I did not use any of the Rain-X adapters. I used the original from Audi.