AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Very slow navigation voice and input (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/very-slow-navigation-voice-input-2860378/)

streetspped 01-24-2014 02:10 PM

Very slow navigation voice and input

Folks,

Just picked up my 2013 A6 3.0T in CT this morning and drove it back to NY. What a car. Only problem is that there is obviously something wrong with the navigation. Inputting characters into address search can sometimes take 15 seconds to process after I input a number. So if I want to type in 12866 I hit 1, wait 10, hit 2, wait 10 seconds, etc. Same thing with street names and numbers. Also, the turn by turn voice is way slow. She stutters in mid sentence, and then after I've made the turn she'll tell me to make the turn when I'm already a half mile down the road.

Anyway not the end of the world, but obviously not the way it's supposed to be and needs to be addressed. Anyone heard of this issue and know what must be done to fix it?

irenesbob 01-24-2014 02:28 PM

This does not sound at all normal. I have never used voice input, but the other slowness, epecially with regard to the directions voice sounds way off. Perhaps a call to the dealer to see if there is a reboot you can peform short of having to go back there. Others here may well have better reponses. Good luck in any event. It is a great car, normally.

in2dwww 01-24-2014 02:35 PM

That happened to me on a loaner A7 when I popped in my pre-paid Tmobile GSM chip for Audi Connect.

snagitseven 01-24-2014 07:11 PM

Try an MMI reboot. It's in the manual but here it is:

Simultaneously press MENU+center control knob+upper right function button briefly. MMI will shut down and then restart. I've found that, as a computer, sometimes the software gets "confused" and this will often help - I've probably had to do it 5 or 6 times in the last 19 months of ownership. If that doesn't work, you've got a bigger issue.

streetspped 01-25-2014 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24534015)
Try an MMI reboot. It's in the manual but here it is:

Simultaneously press MENU+center control knob+upper right function button briefly. MMI will shut down and then restart. I've found that, as a computer, sometimes the software gets "confused" and this will often help - I've probably had to do it 5 or 6 times in the last 19 months of ownership. If that doesn't work, you've got a bigger issue.

Unfortunately the reboot did nothing. Looks like I'll need to bring her in to the dealer for a software update or something.

snagitseven 01-26-2014 04:09 AM

It could be a faulty MMI Control Module. Should be covered under warranty.

streetspped 01-26-2014 09:06 PM

Gonna call the dealer this week and schedule an appointment. Funny I woulda thought they tested all that as part of the CPO program...

Richard Solomon 01-27-2014 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by streetspped (Post 24534486)
Gonna call the dealer this week and schedule an appointment. Funny I woulda thought they tested all that as part of the CPO program...

Forgive me for my skepticism, but a CPO'd 2013? I'd be terrified of such a car - did CarFax list it as a "fleet vehicle" by any chance?

streetspped 01-27-2014 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24534526)
Forgive me for my skepticism, but a CPO'd 2013? I'd be terrified of such a car - did CarFax list it as a "fleet vehicle" by any chance?

I'll have to check the CarFax again when I get home. What difference does it make what it is? Why would a CPO 2013 be a problem? 100,000 mile warranty is what it is - I don't care what it was used for if it's going to be fixed for free for the next 6 years.

q5q7 01-27-2014 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by streetspped (Post 24534600)
I'll have to check the CarFax again when I get home. What difference does it make what it is? Why would a CPO 2013 be a problem? 100,000 mile warranty is what it is - I don't care what it was used for if it's going to be fixed for free for the next 6 years.

i think during CPO, there is deductible for warranty work.